Season 1: Part Three...

The firehouse...

It was a very grand, tall, red building with three garage like doors. Merkis was sat on the sofa in the bunker. Cody was there to make her experience less awkward and intimidating.

"So..." Merkis tried to start conversation. It was pretty easy. Cody was a very sociable person.

"What's it like living with giant robots?" She asked.

Cody giggled. "It's pretty fun." He looked up at them. "They don't do much other than rescue work though..." Cody said, hoping to keep their secret.

Merkis chuckled.  She couldn't stop staring at their insignas though. That symbol... She thought she's seen it somewhere before.

Then the Chief came down with a scanning device. "Okay. If you don't mind standing up. We've gotta get a couple images first."

Merkis stood up as Chief scanned her images. "Alright, we're pretty much done. I am surprised you haven't had it done yet though... Especially since you've been here for just over a month!"

Merkis shrugged. "I dunno either..." She actually illegally snuck into Griffin Rock without anybody noticing. She was underage and would've have a hard time explaining why she's alone.

"Now, are you certain you don't need any help? Considering you have nowhere to go." Chief asked.

"Yes Chief. I'm certain! I mean, I don't exactly sleep outside. I've rigged up some sort of accommodation." Merkis explained.

Chief raised an eyebrow. "So, you're illegally squatting?"

"No-!" Merkis snapped, "No-nonono... It's temporary accommodation I built on my own land that I purchased!" Merkis explained chuckling.

"You purchased land?" Chief asked.

"Yes. With cash. Is there a problem?" Merkis was slightly confused.

"No, not really. It's just a little odd." Chief chuckled.

"Hmm... If I was over eighteen, perhaps then I'd buy myself a better house and get a proper job!" Merkis said.

"You're under eighteen?" Chief never thought she was a minor, especially due to her height.

"Yes of course. I'm 15! Didn't you realise?" Merkis then took a minute to remember she was abnormally tall for her age. "Oh... Right..."

Chief sighed. "Well... Alright. As long as you're not causing harm, I'll let you go without a word."

"Thank you sir...!" Merkis smiled. "Is there anything else you need from me before I go?"

"Nope. But if you ever get into trouble, just give us a call alright?" Chief handed Merkis a number.

"Thank you!" She smiled, stuffing the card into her pocket.

"Well. See ya round!" She waved to everyone and smirked at Cody.

Cody waved back at Merkis.