Prologue

Sasuke sat by his desk in anticipation. The room was dark; the curtains closed with everything arranged in perfect order and symmetry. In the centre sat Sasuke with his arms leaning against the desk: fingers intertwined and covering his face exactly how he did all those years ago when Team 7 was first formed. He knew he would be here soon. All he had to do was wait.

Sasuke did not move a muscle when he heard the small knock on the door. Neither did he when the door slowly creaked open and a figure calmly walked in. The figure carefully shut the door behind him creating only the tiny sound of the door locking. His movements were slow and seemed insane to Sasuke. After shutting the door, Naruto leaned against the wall, focusing on it for an unneeded amount of time before quickly dismissing it and turning his attention to Sasuke. He strode toward the desk and picked up the chair that stood in front of it, opposite the Hokage. He moved it to the right and slightly back, ruining the symmetry of the room. Sasuke still did not react but only monitored Naruto's movements with his dark, shadowy eyes. Naruto sat down and crossed his legs, letting out a small noise as he got comfortable in his chair. There was an awkward silence as the two sat staring at each other. Sasuke hid his expression behind his hand whilst Naruto wore an unnerving grin. Naruto eventually moved first, leaning slightly forward and exhaling. Sasuke almost smirked. He knew that if he waited Naruto would be forced to talk first: his impatience was an easy to exploit weakness.

"So..." Naruto began, "How did you do it?"

The grin on the blonde's face put Sasuke in a state of unease although he would never admit it. He finally put his hands down, revealing his calm face.

"Is that the question you really want to know?" replied Sasuke.

"Yes," said Naruto quickly, "Yes it is. Simply because I just can't- I can't- figure how the hell you did it!" Naruto's hand slightly spazzed in time with the emphasis of each of his words. Sasuke allowed a little smirk on his face and chuckled.

"It really was quite easy," he taunted. He took a quick glance at Naruto. He still wore that same grin. What did he know that Sasuke didn't? It was beginning to make him angry now.

"Do enlighten me," said Naruto.

"Why do you want to know?" questioned Sasuke after a moment's deliberation.

"I just want to know how," Naruto again replied quickly, wishing to get to the real important information.

"But don't you-"

"I don't care!" Naruto's shout almost made Sasuke jump. He knew Naruto was unstable especially after... everything, but he didn't know how quickly his mood could swing. Only a second passed after his strange outburst before Naruto's same grin returned. Sasuke conceded.

"Alright. I'll tell you." Sasuke picked up his small cup next to him and took a long sip, "Ah." He then looked back up at Naruto who was staring at him with eager eyes.

"Well it all started when I first met Orochimaru..."

------------------

A/N: I really hope you all enjoy this story. I wrote a lot of this one before my last. I'm going to take a while to update and do the last 2-3 chapters on my last FF so have this one instead. Please ignore all the spelling and grammar mistakes. This one's going to much shorter, just a little bit of fun. Btw this is a flash forward. Anyway, hope you enjoy :)