Broken

A/N: I had this written so I'm going to upload it. Will finish this book soon

--------------

Naruto's tour through the village was going terribly. Aside from the fact that both Kakashi and Sakura were clearly loathing, every second Naruto opened his mouth, every single person whom Naruto tried to talk to either ignored him or insulted him and left. After everything was said and done, it appeared the only one to have enjoyed themselves was Sasuke who had stayed completely quiet but wore a smirk on his face.

Naruto decided to take the team back to his home to end their "reintroduction" back in the village. When he opened the door, Sakura burst into laughter and Kakashi clearly was holding back his. The apartment was tiny and barren. There was basically nothing in it. Naruto walked over to his busted bed and sat on it. He gestured toward a couple chairs for the others to sit in. Reluctantly they entered and indulged Naruto.

"S-so how did you enjoy... the village... after you'd been gone-" Naruto's quiet voice was overtaken by Sakura who had started looking around the apartment.

"Woah, are these dolls?" Kakashi walked over to see what Sakura had in her hand and chuckled.

"Ugh," he said, picking one up for himself. Naruto realised what they were doing and began to sweat. Sasuke watched the scene play out wordlessly.

"Wait... is this meant to be me?" Sakura audibly laughed as she picked up the doll of herself. Kakashi picked up his doll.

"And me?" he said. They looked at each other and couldn't contain it anymore and guffawed. Naruto watched helplessly.

"C-come on guys... I-I-I just got... I-I just got lonely-" Naruto's tiny voice was once again overtaken.

"Hey there's one of you Sasuke! And there's one of the Lady Hokage! And Iruka-sensei! What a weirdo!" Sakura turned to Naruto, "Did you make these yourself?" she asked patronisingly before laughing again. Sasuke, still silent, got up and went to inspect his doll.

"P-please... I didn't have anyone else to talk to... they're my friends!"
Kakashi walked over to stand in front of Naruto with his doll in his hands. He pulled its head off and dropped it on the floor. He sighed and shook his head.

"What a strange, strange creature," he groaned. He left to go stand in the doorway. Sakura then walked over and did the same as Kakashi had to her, Tsunade's and Iruka's doll. She chuckled to herself one last time before joining Kakashi in the doorway.

"Come on Sasuke-kun, we're all waiting for you!"

Sasuke walked over to Naruto with his own doll in his hands. He still wore the same smirk.

"I win," he said one more time. Sasuke's dolls head too dropped on the ground. Naruto watched with wide eyes and his mouth agape. He couldn't even process what just happened. Team 7 left his home. He bent down on his knees and picked up the remains of the dolls. His hands started to shake. He remembered what his dolls had said to him.

He remembered how they had said nice things to him. They were his friends. He cradled their remnants in his arms.

"We love you Naruto!"

"You didn't let me down Naruto!"

"You're not worthless Naruto!"

"I don't think you're a waste of space Naruto!"
"You can always talk to me Naruto!"

"Your parents didn't abandon you Naruto!"
"I care about you Naruto!"

"You're not stupid Naruto!"

"You should be allowed to breathe Naruto!"

"We don't hate you, we're just pretending Naruto!"

Echoes of what they had once said flooded his mind. Tears began to fall from his eyes. He clutched what was left of the dolls near to his heart. His crying began to get more intense. His whole body ached, burned, itched and hurt. He pulled himself onto his bed. His crying somehow intensified somehow even more. Every second he felt more rage and sadness ebb through him. He lay there for hours doing nothing but letting his pent up, rage-filled tears fall until it finally crescendos.

Naruto roared. His pain was at its peak. His sadness was at its peak. This was all it could take. One of the seals on Naruto's stomach released.

Across the village, Tsunade blinked. She got back to her paperwork as if nothing happened but something was certainly different. She brushed it off. For some reason though, despite not thinking about the subject for months if not years, Tsunade's mind drifted to Naruto. Tsunade once again ignored it.

'It's weird... I feel like I haven't thought about Naruto in a long, long time.'