chapter 2: Despair

You'd spent the day in the nurse's office trying to stay calm. It didn't work too well you cried most of the day. You wouldn't let anyone see you acting like you were sleeping when they did. The end of the day came and you pull your hoodie on and the hood up. You leave the building and glance around. You see your mom and brother leaning on his car talking to…. were those the skeleton brothers? You cautiously walk over trying to hear what they were talking about. 
"Are you sure we wouldn't be inposin'?" The shorter one said. 
"Honestly I think it will be good for her, Sans. She still blames herself for his death… having others around might help her." You hear your brother say and you take off running without making a sound. You just keep running and running until you get to the woods and continue to run until you come to your favorite spot, a clear flat part that had a canopy of leaves covering it. You turn your phone on airplane mode before taking off your hoodie and quickly change into some shorts. You stretch and do a few back flips before putting on a song and starting to dance.
(The video shown above.)
Your songs are on shuffle and you dance for a long time it was starting to get dark out but you just sit and rest. Its Friday anyways, you can be out later. You get up and dance to one more song. Your (F/C) soul floats in front of you while you do. After the song you gather your things to go home when you hear a branch snap behind you. Spinning around you see the shorter skeleton for earlier. You looked at him cautiously and backed up as he approached.
"Hey kiddo, the names Sans. Sans the skeleton. Gaster says you're the reason he came back."
You bump into a tree. Great you're trapped now. 
"I'm friends with your bro. He's a pretty good person." You look at him with pure terror. "Hey kid, you okay?"
You push off the tree and run past him picking up your bag in the process. You have to keep running. You have to get somewhere safe. Suddenly you feel your soul come out and it made you float. You struggle and see Sans out of the corner of your eye. His left eye had blue flames in it and his left arm was stretched out with a blue aura around his hand. That was terrifying.
"Chill out kid. I'm not gonna hurt you. Everyone got panicked when no one could find you. You weren't answerin' your phone. Everyone was scared. I wanted to help so while the others went to the graveyard I started lookin' for you." You look at him slightly worried but then sigh.
"Let me down please…."
"No more running?"
"Was getting ready to go home when you showed up…. I know these woods well…. follow me….." you say softly and start walking out of the forest. 
"What were you doin' out here?" He asks as he walks close to you. You shiver slightly and pull on your hoodie. 
"Practicing…." you mumble.
"Practicin' what?"
You grin and laugh slightly "dancing. It's how I gathered the magic to bring Gaster back. I also managed to stabilize Chara and Azzy's souls that way." You talk with pride in your voice. You were proud of all you'd managed to do. Up ahead you see the street lights. You came out near the graveyard. You sigh and turn into it and go to Hiro's grave. Sitting down you put his grad ring on the top of the stone.
"Miss you bro…." you say before getting up. You turn to see Sans standing not too far behind you.
"How did he die?"
"I'm sure you saw my scars by your reaction when I was trying to calm Chara…." He nods. "My ex stepfather did that to me…. Hiro died because he was protecting me from that asshole….. he….. he dragged my brother to the kitchen once he stood up for me…. then stabbed him until he was dead…… t-then……" your voice faltered and you fell to the ground sobbing. Sans walked over and hugged you lightly. "T-then he beat me half to death... b-before making m-me clean it all u-up…."
Sans hugs you tighter with one hand on the back of your head, helping you hide your face against his collarbone and the other was running up and down your back in a soothing motion. "Hey, its okay. You aren't to blame (Y/N). It's that fucker who's to blame. He wouldn't want you to blame yourself. Why don't you take the ring back and I'll take ya home?" You nod slightly. He sighs and uses his magic to bring you the ring. "Here ya go. He'd want you to keep it. Let's take a shortcut to your place." He lifts you up in his arms and suddenly you're in your living room. 
"Sis!" You hear Hikaru yell before running over and taking you from Sans. "Oh thank you so much Sans! I couldn't stand it if I'd lost her too…"
He starts to take you to your room, you sign out your cell number to him before making a phone symbol. Before you even get to your room you fall asleep.