iv

"Hey."

Weeks had passed since Norton's arrival at the manor and the male had never failed to surprise you. From managing to cause more damage on his teammates than the hunter themselves to being the biggest asshole when talking to him. He was cold and rude and heartless. Picking at every mistake you make during matches and commenting on the way you kite.

"Hey, I told you to stop doing that."

"Norton leave her alone."

There he goes again.

"No, shes ignoring me, I'm trying to talk to her."

Even when having the silent treatment, he managed to break through that and hit every weak point you have.

"Norton leave her alone."

Martha had just about enough of Norton's bullying. Sure, he had begun respecting others' boundaries and stopped his cold ways towards them but for some reason the prospector just loved picking on you, and she never failed to notice.

"Norton. Leave. Her. Alone."

Currently sitting in the lobby, Martha attempted to scold norton out of doing something he'll regret. Not because you'd snap but because both she and Aesop would.

The embalmer hadn't been handling the bullying directed to you any better than you were. While you'd break and allow Martha to take care of you, he would go and confront Norton about it. Both men would spend up to hours arguing, mostly ending in Emily having to call William and naib to pull them apart before one of them threw a punch.

"Hey, sleeping beauty, wake up."

"NORTON."

He wouldn't stop, and the fact that your soulmate decided to go and become more physical in life, wasnt helping. Each day you'd earn more bruises and cuts, each day having to turn to Emily whom would quickly patch you up before tending to the team whom would go on matches.

It was tiring, to say the least. Each day tending to a new wound while having the constant bickering of the pesky newcomer. You had wondered if requesting not to be put in matches with the male was a good idea, however, he was a good kiter and support teammate, and—despite your mutual hatred for eachother—you couldn't help but admit you both worked well together after your first few matches in the same team.

It just seemed as if he always had his eyes on you.

Outside of matches was a different story. Example one; now.

"Hey! I'm talking to you, you know-"

"I HEARD YOU UGLY ASS." You snapped, slamming your hands on the table as your three teammates and Mary—whom looked over to you worriedly—flinched. "What do you want?! Why do you hate me so much?! Is it because I called you out on your bullshit teammwork?" You questioned, sending him a deathly glare as he scoffed, looking ahead to the hunter before him.

"You wish, teach." He smirked, using the mocking nickname he had adopted for you.

"Then what is it? Because you have never been nice to me, not on your first day, not now! So what did I do to make you feel the need to pester me all the time?!"