III

"What are you doing? Are you insane?" Anna frowned at me.

"Give me that, Anna", I warned her.

"No way! You're coming with me to the company... together with your works".

"I've told you.. I didn't have anything to present to them. I'm done! my career is gone!"

Anna sighed. "Don't count the eggs before they chicken!"

"Huh?" I stared at her. "You mean, don't count the chickens before they hatch?"

Anna stared at me for almost a minute, a bit embarrassed. "You know what I mean", she complained.

I shrugged at her and after a while I sighed. "You should go, I'll hand in my resignation letter later".

"Oh come on, Cindy! Remember when we were still in college? You have this sketch book you always carry around? I sneakily took a look at it and I saw every single footwear design and style you drew there. Why don't you show them that? Are you really satisfied with just giving up on the career you've fought for your whole life? Isn't this your dream?" Anna stated. "Come on, I saw it in your drawer this morning when I took my car's key. This is your dream, Cindy, don't quit" she added.

"They won't like it, I'm telling you" I replied.

"Yes, they will! Trust me," she said with a smile.

I stared at her.

"Come on, let's go back to your apartment" she dragged me out of the rooftop.

After hours, I found myself outside the meeting room waiting for the result of my presentation. Suddenly, Camilla, the CEO's secretary, told me to go back in. I followed her inside.

"Ms. Fuentes, me and the board decided to let you stay and be the head footwear designer because of your amazing works. Congratulations!" Mr. Salvador, the CEO said.

I stood frozen for almost a minute.

I can't believe it! I really did it!

I should've believed in myself and listened to my heart first before doubting everything.

When I went back to my office happily I found Anna, Prince and some of my close officemates there.

"What's going on here?" I asked.

"Hey Cindy, if I'm not mistaken this shoe belongs to you" Prince said while holding up the shoe I left at the party.

My jaw dropped and I turned to Anna. Anna avoided my gaze and pretended she's examining the ceiling.

I'll deal with her later…