The Start Of A New Adventure

"MErlin!!" I heard Arthur shouting from a few rooms down, I had only started cleaning up the mess in his room what could he possibly want now?

  I shoved the velvet pillow I had been holding back onto his bed and ran out into the hall, careful not to trip over anything that littered the floor. I heard a commotion coming from the throne room, most likely from Arthur.

  "Merl-" before he could finish calling for me again, I slid into the room and joined Gaius by Gwayne and Percival. Arthur rolled his eyes before continuing to explain his plans for a small mission involving a farmers lost wife and son.

  "Now I will be sending Tristan and-" Percival cut him off this time, "Sire, Tristan appears to have gone off adventuring again, perhaps I could go in his place?" He suddenly grabbed my shoulder, "I could take Merlin with me."

  Arthur shot a questioning look at Percival before continuing, "you have business in the kingdom over to attend to with Gwaine tomorrow, I will be going and," he came over and set his hand on my other shoulder, "I will be taking my lousy man servant with."

  I started to complain before Arthur gave me a nudge and snapped, "Shut up Merlin, or would you rather go back to cleaning my room and polishing my armor all day?" I gave a small defeated sigh before shutting my mouth.

--------

  That evening, Gaius packed me a small travel bag containing some food and other necessities. I tried to reassure him as always, "it's just a small trip Gaius!" He shook his hand at me and continued to shove a loaf of bread into my bag. "You can never be too prepared Merlin." He gave me a small pat on my back, "now go get some rest, you wont be getting any for a few days I'm sure."

  Taking his advice, I decided to try and sleep earlier than normal. I found myself struggling to fall asleep as thoughts of Arthur in danger passed through my mind. I had sworn to always protect him, so why did i have such a bad feeling about the next few days?

--------

Thank you to anyone who finds this!! :) Thought i might as well try to do some writing during quarantine. Also i promise my writing gets better later on, I tend to write at 3am so its not the best writing.