SAMUEL KING

Most people look at me and see themselves as adolescents. They see themselves when they were young, and innocent. They see purity. I don't know about that.

I have a baby face, I know. Puffy cheeks, pouty lips, long lashes. Innocence. I hate it. I hate how energetic I am. I hate my ADHD. I hate my face. I hate how small I am. And I hate how people assume I'm blind to the troubles of the world.

But I smile, and I bat my lashes like the good boy I am. I pretend and I become what everyone wants me to be. Innocent.

I frown, leaning back in my seat. Looking up at the stars makes me think about people, humanity. Science tells us that there are red and blue stars, but all I see are white specks in the galaxy. Humans are so focused on their differences that they don't realize they're not that different at all. At the end of the day, we all bleed the same.

My dad owns this planetarium. I spent most of my time here, when the place is closed. Sometimes my best friend, Noah comes. He's obsessed with astronomy.

I'm more of the biology type. Life is beautiful... when you really look. If you ignore the darkness and look through the cracks, it's there. I personally find ice to be particularly beautiful. That's true purity. Frozen water, transparency. The arctic biome is my favorite. The animals are majestic in my opinion.

"It's almost two in the morning, Sammy."

I don't move my gaze from the ceiling, instead choosing to hold up a finger and shush him. This was the only time I could be still, with the exception of my leg bouncing up and down.

I feel Noah sit down beside me, pressing the button that leans the chair backward.

"I just wanted to see the sun," I said, turning to look at him. He was smiling like he always does. Noah was a bit closed off and antisocial, but he was a good friend. He was taller than me, as most people were. He liked to listen, and I liked to talk so we were the perfect duo.

"Has he called?" He asked, and I laughed a little too loud.

"I wouldn't answer if he did," I said. My father was a cruel person. He was the type to use words harshly. He liked to manipulate, the main reason why my mother despised him. He had another child, a step child I had met only once at a family gathering. Melody was sweet, and looked nothing like my father which I was grateful for.

"You're mad, Sammy. You're hardly ever mad," He pointed out and I shrugged. I had a right to be. Becoming uncomfortable from the tension, I jumped up. Running to the machine that controlled the illusion of space, I turned it off, cloaking us in darkness.

"I want ice cream," I complained, heading towards the exit with Noah on my trail.

Noah frowned, watching me lock the place up, "Is that really a good idea?"

I glare at him, talking slow and precise, "Buy me ice cream, Noah."

Noah pulled out his phone to look at the time, "You'll never go to sleep if I buy you ice cream."

Sighing, I begin running down the street, leaving Noah behind like I always did. I liked running, and watching Noah struggle was a plus.

"I hate when you do that!" Noah yelled as he caught up to me, panting as we reached the ice cream shop.

I smiled sneakily before jumping on his back, watching as he startled and almost made us both fall to the ground.

"I hate you," he pouted, walking inside the place, and I giggled, laying my head on his shoulder.

"I love you too,"

ight so now y'all know a lil bit bout both of them so next chap is them meeting and after that is the four year time frame where everything happens. and yes, i updated twice, who am i?

- mason