chapter five: vasco, the shoulder grabber

You sit on your comfortable bed after taking a comforting, warm shower. It's been a couple of days since the fight between Zack and Daniel. Eli's texted you about it and you tell him everything since he's close to you in a way. Mira is still quite pissed at Zack, and rightfully so. She's a little mad at you too because you intervened during the fight, but she's over that. However, it's the relationship between you and Zack that's she has the most concern about. 

"I...don't know what to do..." you heavily sigh out, taking a deep breath in and then letting it out. You've been avoiding him for the past couple of days too and hanging out with Daniel a bit during lunch. He's also still a bit on edge about this whole thing, but you have been patient with him. 

Deciding to take a relaxing night, you dry your hair, take out a snack, turn on the TV in your room and cool your mind off that way. The rest of the night flows how you want it too and you forget your troubles until the morning comes

______________________________________________

It's finally lunchtime and you choose to sit with Daniel today, to just cool off being anywhere near Mira or Zack, even if Mira's not really mad at you anymore. Daniel doesn't mind at all, he's actually glad that he's hanging out with more people. As usual, Zoe is by his side and touching his arm and you leave them be. You stand next to him with your tray and you notice Daniel waving over to Jiho, asking the boy to sit with him. You don't mind at all but on the other hand, Zoe seems a little annoyed by his actions. Jiho sits next to him without hesitation, probably because he's scared of him. 

"Are you sure you want him to sit here?" you ask Daniel. He nods and you shrug, questioning him.

"Yeah, I mean the more the merrier! Anyways..."

"Where do you live?" Daniel enthusiastically asks Jiho. He doesn't answer him at all. Zack and his goons are looking at Daniel, and he's wondering if Daniel is making him look bad. You do your best to avoid eye contact with him and just eat. 

"The guy who took Zack down?" 

"Hehe, yup." Zack turns his head to the direction of the voice to find Vin Jin and his friends, who are students from the Vocal and Dance Department.

"He's pretty," Vin begins, "I'm better looking right?" he finishes with a resounding smirk. 

"Wow, he's handsome," one of his friends says. The other thinks that Vin should take off his sunglasses.

"I heard you lost to the pretty boy. Zack. You drag these other characters lol." Doo and his friends grimace at his insult. Zack scoffs a bit and puts his hands in his pants. 

"...Well. I lost to the pretty boy but I could probably take you. And the rats you hang with aren't normal either." You mentally facepalm your forehead and fear that what he's saying might bite him in the ass. 'Doesn't he understand that he shouldn't go around picking unnecessary fights anymore?!' You keep on eating as Daniel, Zoe, and Jiho are staring at the situation with having no clue on what's happening. 

"Hey. You wanna die?" The minute he concludes his sentence, he's greeted with Zack's fist and piercing look. 

"Try me." A drop of sweat trickles on Vin's face and seems to have lost some confidence. But then again, his hand is almost of Zack's chest, so maybe he still has that confidence. Both Daniel and Jiho seem a little worried, the latter being the more scared one out of the two.