8. First Time

**smut warning**

Thorfinn POV:

"Will you please... come sleep with me? In my room?"

Thorfinn's heart jumped, his face burning. He could barely see Canute standing in the doorway because the corridor behind him was dark and so was Thorfinn's room behind him. Although Thorfinn couldn't see him, he could tell Canute was staring at him hopefully with his bright blue orbs and his pouting lips. Thorfinn gulped, unable to refuse.

"Um... okay." Thorfinn replied, tentatively. Canute smiled and gestured to Thorfinn to walk with him. "Uh... what will I be doing in your room?" He asked as they walked, fully aware of the awkwardness of his question. 

"Huh? You'll be guarding me, of course. In case King Sweyn sent an assassin for me while I'm asleep." Canute replied nonchalantly, not at all realizing the full extent of his earlier question.

Oh... Thorfinn sighed with relief, his cheeks still tinted with pink. He didn't know how he felt about that. Was he happy that Canute didn't have any other intentions, or was he disappointed? At least I get to spend some time with him.

"Well... that's what we'll be telling the others tomorrow if they question why you're in my room." Canute continued, looking ahead as they walked.

Thorfinn spun his head and looked at Canute, curiously. "Huh?" He said, slightly confused. Thorfinn could roughly see Canute's side profile in the darkness of the palace corridors. Canute's princely features were still visible, such as his button nose and strong jawline. He had his hair tied back with his bangs hanging down his forehead. He was wearing a blue button-up shirt and silky blue pants, acting as his night pajamas. Thorfinn admitted to himself that the silk clothing framed his tall figure well.

Canute chuckled at Thorfinn's remark. "Obviously, I'm not so cruel that I'd make my boyfriend stay awake all night just to protect me in a room that's already heavily guarded on the outside. You'll simply be sleeping next to me, for the night."

Boyfriend. Thorfinn looked at the floor and blushed immensely at that comment. It took him minutes to muster up the courage to say something. "Why would you need me sleeping next to you? Are you that much of a scared princess that you need me to wrap my arms around you while you piss yourself during your sleep?"

Canute looked at Thorfinn and bit his lip nervously. "Well... If I'm being honest, I truly am scared sleeping alone." Thorfinn burst out laughing, unable to resist. Canute gripped Thorfinn's sleeve, shushing him. "Don't be so loud! Someone's going to hear you!" He whispered through his teeth, smiling. Thorfinn looked at Canute and continued laughing. He thoroughly enjoyed teasing Canute.

As they approached Canute's bedchambers, Thorfinn's laughter died down, although he was still snickering. It was at that moment, Thorfinn realized that both of their arms were hanging down their sides, occasionally brushing against each other as they walked. Thorfinn looked at Canute, who's face was scrunched, trying to muster up the courage to hold Thorfinn's hand. Thorfinn smirked. Of course the wimp can't do it.

Thorfinn let their hands brush once more, and he quickly grabbed Canute's hand, entangling his fingers with Thorfinn's. Canute turned to look at Thorfinn, his face relaxing. They smiled at each other, and Thorfinn could feel his cheeks heating up. In order to continue keeping his smug demeanor, he decided to lean towards Canute's ears. "Boyfriend, huh?" He whispered smugly to the prince, purposely embarrassing him.

"Shut up." Canute said as he pushed the door to his bedroom. The candles in his room were lit so Thorfinn could see his flustered face. Thorfinn grinned and laughed.