1. Look at us now

So, that was it...

Guzman should be happy, at least a little bit. His longtime friend Ander was in remission, Omar decided to stay in Madrid... but his other friend died. Sure, he maybe deserved it. For Marina, but that didn't help at all. Love of his love left to New York, leaving him standing alone in hospital, watching as his friend got his happy ending. But everything fucking sucked. He stayed were he was before, at Las Encinas with few of his friends. But she was fucking one ocean away from him and his entire existence ached for her.

What the fuck is he going to do?

Nadia was walking trough long aisles of liberaly on her new campus. People were nice, always smiling and kind. Who would though that New York would be so different? Also, Lu was amazing. They shared apartment together and everything was like a dream come true. She could feel the liberty in her veins, far away from her parents, she was still putting on her hijab, but purely out of habit. She could be whoever she wanted to be now. Everything was so amazing, that she almost started to forget about the pain sitting back in her head. Guzman. She told him that she will come back for him, but now, it seems impossible. How could she leave this?

She woke up every morning, went to school, did her homework and learn as much as she could and..... and when she finished around midnight, she texted Guzman, look at pictures of him on his social media, just to not forget how he looks, maybe cried a little bit and went to sleep. Every. Day. Again. And. Again. It was tiring and she couldn't help but think, if he still wants her to come back. As excited she was at the beggining, that confused she was now. She missed her parents of course, her brother and old classmates... but she also lost contact with Guzman. He just stopped texting back. So one evening, exactly one week before she was supposed to come back to Madrid for winter break, from back of her wardrobe she took out huge plain back T-shirt that she stole from Guzman before she left. And as she put it on, she started crying. Ugly crying. Crying so much, that Lu knocked on her door and then decided to let herself in. She sat on a floor next to Nadia and simply just hugged her and let all of the Nadia's tears soak in her pyjamas.

,,It's gonna be okay, hun. I promise you, okay? If anything happens, I will take care of you... remember, we are best fucking friends now, you are my family. And I care about my family... at least the part that's left" said Lu, although she wasn't sure if she was telling this to herself or Nadia.

,,Have I done something wrong? Do you think he has somebody else? Somebody who's there, not in New York, right next to him? Someone that he can actually officialy be with, not like me?" Nadia kept crying on the floor of her room until she felt asleep in Lu's arms. Lu slowly got up, putting a pillow under Nadia's head. She does't give a single fuck about what time it is... she picked up her phone and called Omar – he could know what's with Guzman. And if he won't, Lu will make sure that Guzman is gonna have a few sleepless nights.

,,Guzman, have you ever, ever, heard about sleeping?" Ander fell on matress of Guzman's bed. He was shit tired. Guzman made him and Samu study all night, restlessly. He hated this new version of his best friend. After Nadia left, Guzman closed himself. He started studying a lot, came back to Omar's parents shop and kept working there and from time to time, he went to club to fuck himself up so much, that someone always needed to drag him home. He was wondering what the fuck was happening inside Guzman's head.

,,Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. You will never know." Said Guzman. He made himself look like he is okay. But he wasn't. He felt depressed. Everything that he cared about slowly dissappeared from his life...Marina, Nadia.... everything was meaningless. Joder, it was. He went back to store of Nadia's parents, helped her father endlessly and actually started having quite good relationship with them. But what it was for now? He stopped eating and sleeping eventually. He stopped texting her back, because he felt asi f he was pulling her down. Pulling her away from her dreams, brighted future in New York. He was just a rock in her way to perfect life. And she needed one. And after everything that happened with Malick, he knew that his love for her wasn't enought. At the end of a day, she needed a good Muslim guy in New York. And he was none of that. But still, he loved her. He loved her so much, that he could't think about anything else. 

Lu cleared he throat and waited till Omar picked up with grumpy voice.

,,Omar?!"