~ Chapter 3 ~

"I'm sure she'll be here in a minute. You know how girls are."

"Sana, you're always here early, and you're a girl, so what are you trying to tell me?"

"Crap, I'm going to die," Haneul whispered as she heard the CEO and her best friend talking inside the office.

"She'll be here soon," Sana replied, ignoring the man's first comment. "Oh look, she's here."

Haneul walked in, causing the two to turn their heads to look at her. The CEO had a look of disappointment as he looked at her. Behind him, Sana gave her friend a thumbs up and a smile.

"Sana, you can leave now," he said, still keeping his eyes on Haneul, but he wasn't smiling. 

Haneul watched as her best friend gave her one last smile, and excused herself, leaving the two there. She gulped, knowing full well what was going to happen.

"Mr.Na, I can explain-" But before she could finish, she was interrupted. 

"Park Haneul, where were you? You're officially 2 hours late."

"You see-"

"We had a meeting today, but missed it because you weren't here to inform me."

Mr.Na stared at her, very mad actually. She just looked down, not saying anything. 

He sighed. "You're just like my son, I swear."

Haneul looked up. "You have a son?"

"That's not the point," Mr.Na said, walking back to his desk. "What were you doing? Watching Kdramas all night?"

She raised her eyebrows in confusion. "How did you know?" she asked, walking to him, getting the files for the day.

"Sana told me a few things."

Haneul mentally cursed her friend. "You know sir, Sana tends to lie a lot."

"Oh, so the fact that you're a hard worker is also a lie? I'm not surprised though," he answered, looking through all the papers.

"What? No, I'm an amazing secretary. I promise."

"Well, you're good at breaking promises I see."

Haneul pouted, although the CEO didn't see. "Anyway, about your son-"

"No, I will not introduce you to him. He's an innocent person Ms.Park, and he doesn't need you to ruin that."

She looked at the man in disbelief. "I'm the bad influence? If anything, I'm a good influence."

"Haneul, I know better."

"But sir-"

Before she could finish, the phone rang, causing her to be quiet, and answer it. 

"Hello?"

"Ms.Park? A meeting will be held at 3:00 pm. Both you and the CEO are expected to come. Thank you."

Before Haneul could say thank you, the call ended. 

"Damn, everyone must hate my voice today," she mumbled. 

"What was that?" Mr.Na asked, knocking her out of her thoughts.

"We have a meeting at 3," she replied, standing up straighter. 

He gave her a smile "That's what I thought."

She smiled back, and sat down at the table next to his, opening up her laptop and starting to work. 

But when she opened it up, the audio of the drama she was watching before, played out through the speakers, interrupting the quiet atmosphere. 

"Sorry," she told him, giving him a small smile.

The CEO just nodded his head and got back to work.

Haneul sighed, and slouched back in her chair. Hopefully, the rest of the day doesn't go like this.

So, I feel like the chapters are going to be shorter than what I usually publish 

But on the other hand, I actually have a storyline-

wHaT aN iNtElLeCtUaL

Anyway, I hope everyone is staying safe!!