~ Chapter 75 ~

"Jaemin, I swear, you're going to burn it."

"um...Haneul, how do you burn water?"

"Oh."

Currently, the two were attempting to make dinner. But it definitely wasn't going very well. Especially since neither of them could even boil water for the pasta. 

"How are you two even going to raise Hajoon if you can barely cook?" Mrs.Na mumbled, shaking her head in disapointment as she stared at the two. 

Haneul turned away from the stove and gave her a wide smile. "I assure you, we're amazing parents."

"Oh really?" Mrs.Na asked, raising her eyebrows. 

"Yes, we really are," Jaemin agreed, giving his mother a smile. But the pair's smiles disappeared when she asked another question. 

"Then where's Hajoon?"

Both Haneul and Jaemin's eye widened. They faced each other, and realized that neither of them knew where he was. Well, of course he was in the aprtment. They just didn't know where

"Relax. I put him to bed," Jaemin's mother announced, making them let go of the breaths they were holding. 

"Okay, maybe we're not the best parents," Jaemin began. 

"Yet," Haneul added. 

Mrs.Na gave her a look, but got a smile in return. 

"But we'll do whatever it takes to make Hajoon happy."

Haneul agreed to what Jaemin just said. They'd definitely do their best to make Hajoon feel as if he really is their son. 

The mother finally gave them a smile. She was happy that they were trying their best in raising Hajoon. And she was happy for Jaemin because he found someone amazing. Haneul. 

To be honest, Mrs.Na was very fond of Haneul. She was confused on why Jaemin's father didn't like the girl. It was pretty impossible to not like her. 

And she knew Haneul and her would always get along. As long as she made Jaemin happy. And that was something Haneul would always try to do. 

"Well, I better head home," Jaemin's moter told the two, knocking  them out of their thoughts. 

"No, stay a bit longer," Haneul tried to say, but Mrs.Na only gave her a small smile. 

"I should go now. I stayed for a long time."

Jaemin knew there was no point in argueing with his mother. She was always someone who usually stuck to whatever she said. 

Haneul returned the smile, but led her to the door, Jaemin following. But before he did, he made sure to turn the stove off. The first step to parenting. 

Or being responsible in general. 

They quickly said their goodbyes as Mrs.Na made her way out the door, and walked into the hallway. But of course, Jaemin walked her down to the lobby. 

"I'll be back in 2 minutes," He told Haneul. She gave him a nod, and shut the door, not bothering to lock it since he'd be back soon. 

The apartment became quiet as Haneul made her way back to the kitchen. But before she could try to make something again, the sound of a baby crying made it's way to her ears. 

Hajoon. 

Haneul left the discarded pots and pans, and quickly sprinted to the bedroom to check on the baby. When she got inside the room, she was faced with Hajoon sitting down on the bed, tears cascading down his face. 

Haneul felt her heart break when she saw this. Even though he wasn't hurt, she still felt horrible seeing his tears.

"Aww, it's okay," she mumbled, walking closer, and instantly picking him up. 

"Mama," Hajoon, whispered, making Haneul smile. She rocked him back and forth while rubbing circles on his back, and sat down on the bed to make it a bit easier. 

Eventually, the cries slowly became more and more quiet as the aprtment became silent once again. But not for long. 

A knock was heard, and Haneul tunred to face Jaemin standing by the door. A smile playing on his face. He could even feel his heart beating at the sight of Haneul and Hajoon together. 

"Hey," Haneul greeted, but quickly scolded herself for being loud. So she tried again. "Hey," she repeated, this time in a whisper. 

Jaemin gave her a smile and walked closer. "I'm tired," he mumbled, sitting down, and resting his head on her shoulder. "And by the way, I ordered some food. It'll be way easier than cooking something, and possibly burning the kitchen."

Haneul chuckled at his remark, but gave a hum in response. A couple of moments passed where the family just sat in silence. Jaemin yawned, followed by Haneul as well. 

"I love you Park Haneul," he mumbled. 

No matter how many times Jaemin had said it to Haneul, it always ended up making her heart flutter.

"I love you too Na Jaemin..." 

Jaemin smile grew wider, as his eyes slowly clossed. 

"...But not as much as I love Hajoon"

"Haneul, I'm-"

So, will I finish the book soon? I'm actually not sure-

oNlY tImE cAn tElL