Off Track | 1

7 years ago Asia's POV

I twisted the locks on my white door to enter the house. I dropped my bags and shoes at the door and made my way to the Kitchen to get a afternoon snack. On the way to the kitchen, I was stopped by the sound of my mothers cries. I rushed to the room, to see what was wrong. She was on the couch crying and my dad was rubbing her back. I stood in the door for a second before saying anything.

"Mommy what's wrong." Both of my parents look up at me.
" Baby your moms fine, she just had a rough day at-" my mom was quick to cut him off.
"No Terrance we have to tell the kids. Asia sit down" I sat on the couch right across from my parents.
"Yes"

Omni

"I have stage 2 breast cancer" Asias heart dropped, she never would've thought that any disease would effect her family like in the movies. Asia sprinted up to her bedroom and locked the door. A couple of mintues later a faint knock on the door was heard from her father.

"Baby come out so we can talk." Asia slowly opened the door.

She gripped on to her fathers shoulders and cried into his blue "Nike Pro Aero Adapt" shirt.

"Daddy is she gonna die"

"No baby, I promise I'll make sure that doesn't happen." Terrance started tearing up at his middle child's reaction and realizing he was only 33% done with his kids.

Present Day Asia's POV

I stood in front of the brown and white casket looking at my mothers lifeless body all dressed up in makeup with "Gucci's Tunic Dress with brooch" on .

"I can't believe she's gone." I whispered to myself , holding my big brothers slightly dry hand as we walked back to our seats.

My dad went ghost ever since my mother died. Money was never a problem, my father sent money to my brother with no context but we all knew it was for her funeral.

Just as they were closing the casket my father walked in wearing his "Gucci Marseille bees wool check suit" Ava and I got him for Father's Day.

He came to sit next to me. We both looked at each other, his eyes were puffy and red, he's been crying. My fathers pride was too big to let us see or hear us cry. Up until this day I haven't seen him shed not one tear.

On The Other Side of Town Omni

Khalil walked into his first day of classes in his senior year of college, this upcoming March he will have an under grad in African American studies.

"What up" Kyle the President of the Delta Sigma said to him as they dapped up.
Khalil wasn't apart of a Frat but most of his friends were, so he was well known around campus.

"Tonight we are throwing a party, you should come. Just make sure you bring something." Kyle said making his way to his seat

8:59pm Omni

Asia sat on the "light brown marble " kitchen floor , opening her baby book. She looked through the book seeing pictures of pregnant mother from 20 years ago, thinking about what her mom would be doing if she was still alive . She couldn't believe her mom was actually gone.

Asia was brought out of her thoughts as her older brother Aj came in the Kitchen. She quickly closed the book and stood up.

" Go get ready your about to come to this party with me" Her brother stated opening the fridge look for food he knew wasnt there.

"Aj I don't feel like it" Asia said in a whine

" I don't want you here by yourself and Ava is going to sleepover her friends house"

Asia walked in the house behind her big brother, holding his hand. If you didn't know them, you would probably think they were a couple.

Asia sat on one of the couch's playing BitLife on her phone. Party's aren't really her scene. Asia looked up from her phone, checking her surroundings and seen her group of friends. Well most of them Danielle wasn't there , she doesn't really enjoy the party scene either.

As she walked through the party looking for a place to sit for the night Asia seen a group of her friends. When they noticed her they all had guilty looks on their faces.

" Hey, Asia." Red said as they looked back at Asia, stopping their staged conversation.

"Hey when did you guys get here." Asia asked the group of girls not picking up on the suspicions the girls were giving off.

"Girl we been here, who invited you here?" Kendra the " leader" of the group said with an attitude. She wasnt fond of Asia, she didn't understand why she didn't have any imperfections, she only became friends with her to find out something bad about her. Truth be told Kendra was Jealous of Asia because all the boys wanted Asia and Asia was too blind to see, or so she thought.

"My brother, I thought you guys said you were packing for your trip." Asia stated in a very confused state

"Nah we just made that lie so we didn't have to invite you or weird ass Danielle." Kendra said trying to upset Asia.

"They weren't the only ones who could play that game." Asia thought to herself. She puther phone away, straightened her dress, and walked away from the girls. Little did she know what she was  about to do would change her life for ever.