Chapter 2

Present...

*Groans*

"Ugh.." I pressed my palm against my forehead as I woke up to a grave headache.

Supporting on my elbows, I weakly lifted up and my ears begin ringing as I hissed in discomfort.

Ugh.. what's with this buzzing in my head?

My eyes squinted instantaneously, a sudden instinctual reflex to a bright light before they slowly adjusted and skimmed around the very unfamiliar room.

That's not my room!

What is this place? Where the hell am I?

Panic rose inside of me and I sat up with a jerk, apparently causing a sharp pain to shot up my head.

"Ugh.. God." I groaned, pressing my fingers hard against my temples, hoping to ease the pain.

The memories of last night came flooding back and my heart sank to the pit of my stomach.

Oh no! Oh god, no, no, no, no, no...

I need to leave. I need to get out of here!

The window! Where's the window..?

My eyes snapped to the vivid morning light invading the room through the window to my left and I cursed a million times in my head as I noticed a grille securing the window from inside, crushing my chances of escape from there.

There's noway I can jump out the window. There.. there must be another way.

My phone, where's my phone?

I threw the blanket off of me and my eyes widened in shock as I noticed, I wasn't wearing my dress. Instead, I was changed into a loose buttoned up white shirt.

My heartbeat elevated and I began to sweat.

A thousand disturbing thoughts rushing through my head making breathing a challenge while my panicking state advanced to a whole new level.

My body was shaking and tears were flooding down my face.

I grabbed a fistful of my hair as I rocked back and forth in anxiousness with my knees tucked to my chest.

I was horrified.

As my mind was riding a roller coaster of twisted thoughts, I froze when I remembered..

Betty!

Where's Betty? I remember those guys kidnapping her and... Oh god... No! I need to find her. I need to find Betty now.

Where the hell is she?

I dreadfully swung my legs off of the bed, ignoring the loud throbbing in my head as I was too overwhelmed by fear.

Pain, panic, fear and anger were all stirred inside of me in a massive ball and my brain was swirling like a poison in the sink.

I sprinted towards the door and aggressively twisted the handle but realized it was locked from the outside.

Getting anxious, I desperately thrashed my fists against the door, banging on it multiple times and yelling to open it.

"Open this god forsaken door or I'll rip y'all eyeballs out." I yelled furiously, continuously banging on the door like a maniac.

I needed to see Betty. I needed to know if she's alright.

Eventually, the doorknob twiddled and I heard the fumbling of keys as I backed away.