Three Cheers For Quasimodo

You followed Quasimodo up the steps to a loft that was lit with candles. You both carefully laid him down on the blanketed flooring as he sighed. Esmeralda stayed with him and patched him up as he left to go see Quasimodo.

"Long time no see."

"Long time indeed," he smiled. "I'm just glad you're safe."

"You could say that again," you grinned. "How have you been lately?"

"That doesn't matter, I'm just relieved to see you again," he spoke while taking your hands into his.

Looking over to Esmeralda, you both saw with surprise that she was kissing Phoebus. You giggled quietly as Quasi chuckled. With a shy look in your eyes, you leaned closer, him following after you, and you both went to kiss until-

Djali's bleats of alarm made you two jump back from one another.

Running over to the balcony that overlooked the step of Notre Dame, you saw Frollo step out of a carriage and make his way inside.

"Frollo's coming," Quasimodo gasped. "You must leave. Quick, follow me."

Quasimodo lead everyone down another set of steps to a door that lead to the balcony. "Go down the south tower steps," he instructed. With a kiss to his cheek and a reluctant goodbye, you fled.

Flying down the tower's step, you threw open the door at the bottom and dashed out with Esmeralda hot at your heels.

"We have to go to the Court of Miracles now," she huffed.

Grabbing your hand, she led you to a cemetery right outside of town. She didn't stop until you were met with an old tombstone that had a cross on it.

"Help me move the lid."

"What? But this is a grave," you said with alarm.

"No, it's not," she assured. "It's the entrance to the Court."

Going on the same side as her, you both pushed until there was a hole big enough for the both of you to slide through. With enough effort and pushing, you were able to slide the lid back into place.

"Damn," you cursed. "I think I threw out my back. However, you were right. This definitely wasn't what I expected."

Esmeralda laughed.

"Come on," she said, pulling you along with her, "It gets better."

As you walked, skeletons that covered the walls would look at you both, nod, and then fall back into their hiding place. 'For intruders,' you thought. She led through a market looking place into a tent in the back.

"Rest," she said. "We both deserve it."

You found a spot covered in pillows and laid down, Esmeralda following soon after, and started to drift off. You would have fallen asleep if it wasn't for Djali running in and bleating out an alarm and running off.

"So much for rest," you said as you both jumped up and followed after the goat. Clopin, the man that you recognized as the jester who led the Feast of Fools, was about to drop your friends into their graves.

"Stop!" you shouted.

Esmeralda made her way to Clopin to explain the situation as you unbound your friends.

"These men aren't spies," she started. "They're our friends."

"Why didn't they say so?" he said sassily.

"We did say so!" said the now unbound prisoners.

Esmeralda continued to explain. "This is the soldier who saved the miller's family and Quasimodo helped us escape the cathedral."