An Assignment

Today was Kageyama's first day on earth, literally. His assignment was to learn about and connect with humans between the ages of 13-18. The earth people called those ages "Teenagers". Kageyama's captain recommended enrolling in a high school, that's where the highest concentration of teenagers was. Kageyama completed the paperwork for enrolment during the month prior, and today was the first day of school. The adult humans at the school gave him papers containing maps and information. He looked over it.

Toilets can be found in every building.

Volleyball is found in the gymnasium, show up at 8 for tryouts.

Soccer is found on the grass area, show up at 7.30 for tryouts.

...

He wasn't interested in doing the school aspect of school. The kingdom already had information about the education system on Earth. Volleyball. He had heard the term before. Was this something teenagers did? He looked at the time on his phone. What? They have phones in the Devil Kingdom too, they're not ancient. It was quarter to eight. He had time, so he made his way to the gymnasium. Many people smiled at him as he walked past the school kids, was he supposed to smile back? He didn't like smiling.

The gym doors were open and he walked inside. There were quite a few people inside already. They had all sorts of hair colours and styles, most were muscular, but one had particularly thick thighs. They all either matched Kageyama's height or were taller, except two little ones. Did they still count as teenagers?

One of the smaller one's came up to him. This one had bouncy orange hair and walked so lightly it almost seemed like he was floating, "Hey! Are you here to try out too? Well of course you are why else would you be here. What's your name?". Kageyama instantly felt his energy rise with the little one standing near him, "Kageyama Tobio".

"My name is Hinata Shoyo. Nice to meet you!" Hinata quickly bowed and then ran off to a tall kid with glasses, Kageyama assumed he was going around greeting everyone. Before he had time to gather his thoughts, he was approached yet again, this time by a boy with grey hair. Kageyama was told that the elderly had grey hair, but this one didn't have the wrinkles that he was told about. He couldn't decide if he was a teenager or an elderly human.

The old looking boy was accompanied with a girl with glasses. The boy spoke, "Hi! I'm Koshi Sugawara, but friends just call me Suga, and this is Kiyoko Shimizu. Could we just get your name for the roll? We wont be having tryouts, since there's so few first years. Instead we'll be doing a quick game so everyone can get used to the team dynamics!" Kageyama gave a light bow, "Kageyama Tobio". The female human wrote something down on her notebook and the elderly looking boy gave a slight smile, humans smiled a lot, "Oh and Kageyama, you may want to put away your necklace if you can, it might get in the way". Kageyama forgot that he was even wearing his necklace. It was in a diamond shape, made from dark steel-like material, with a red crystal in the centre. He couldn't risk losing it, he also heard that some humans steal from other humans. This necklace was his ticket home to the Devil Kingdom, "I cannot. It's uh, cultural". This didn't seem to bother the grey haired boy much, "That's completely fine! We'll be starting in a few minutes."

The pair left and after a short while, a whistle sound rang through the gym. It came from a man with messy yellow hair and wrinkles around his eyes, this one was definitely an adult. He split what he called the "first years" into two equal groups. Kageyama was placed in the same group as the orange bouncy boy. A few older boys joined their groups until each team had six players, and they began the game. The ball was served from his team, and he watched as they hit the ball up three times. The first one used a digging motion to lift the ball high, the second had complete control as he used his fingers to guide the ball where he wished, and the final one used all of his power to hit the ball down, over the net. It wasn't hard to grasp the concept, they played similar games in the Devil Kingdom as kids.

The boy with thick thighs did the first dig move, and the ball went up in Kageyama's direction. Perfect. Kageyama loved having all the control. He received the ball and used his fingertips to get it to the bouncy boy's direction, who was standing next to him in front of the net. "Oi, piñata or whatever your name is!" he yelled, but the bouncy boy was already thinking ahead, and was about to jump. Kageyama's eyed widened as he watched the small boy, who barely looked like a teenager, leap over four feet into the air. He made it look effortless, as if he was flying. Kageyama felt excitement rise up inside of him, he didn't know humans could simulate devil powers. It made him want to spread his own wings.

The rest of team also seemed amazed, but they quickly went on with the match. Eventually, the game ended and everyone high-fived each other. Kageyama walked up to the bouncy boy intrigued to learn more about him, but he didn't get a chance to speak, "Hey! Did you call me a piñata out there?". Kageyama thought back, "Yes, is that not your name?"

"No! My name is Hinata Shoyo!" said the bouncy boy, shaking his head violently. Kageyama looked thoughtfully at the boy, "Hinata Shoyo", he would not forget it again. Hinata smiled again, "Do you want to practice with me?". Kageyama was taken aback, could humans read minds? He was about to ask Hinata the same question. He decided to test his mind reader theory, and thought about ripping the head off a rabbit. Hinata's expression didn't change, he was not a mind reader. "Yes" said Kageyama simply. "Cool! There's a public volleyball court near here, meet me there, Saturday, same time as today!"

A/N:
Don't worry! This is only chapter 1, stay tuned to see their relationship progress ;)

This story was requested by gal4xypotato

Send me a message if you have any requests too!

Love and appreciate you all so much!