Good News!

The next day started off the same as any other. Kageyama would return from his home, and would dress in the school uniform he kept in his earth house. He never ate breakfast, he didn't see the point, demons didn't need food or sleep to sustain themselves. He would eat small amounts when he hung out with Hinata so that he would look human, but he wasn't really a fan of it. He didn't like how it felt in his mouth. He was a fan of milk though, it was sort of like a thick air in his mouth, since it didn't have much taste or texture. It almost felt like a hug in his mouth. 

He arrived at school 10 minutes before the bell every day, unless they had a special morning training. He usually found Hinata sitting on the steps in front of the volleyball gym waiting for him, but he wasn't waiting as expected this morning. Kageyama was confused, what was he supposed to do now? Was he supposed to be the sitter today?

He sat on the stairs and observed as the students of the school talked and interacted with one another. Sugawara happened to walk by with Daichi and stopped to talk to Kageyama, "Hey! Where's Hinata, don't you two usually meet up in the mornings?". Kageyama nodded, "He seems to be late today". Sugawara ruffled Kageyama's hair, which he did not enjoy, before waving goodbye. Eventually the bell rang for classes to begin, but Kageyama didn't stand up to go. 

He sent Hinata a message on his phone, and after five minutes with no reply, he made his way out of the school gates and back to his earth house. There was no point of attending the classes if he didn't have anyone to study. He took out his necklace and chanted the spell to take him home and in moments he appeared in the world stuck in a permanent twilight. 

His friend's were surprised to see him back home so early, and he explained the situation. Not all of his group was there, some where still out on their own assignments or jobs, but the rest of them spent the day learning volleyball from Kageyama. It was similar to a sport they had in the Kingdom called Devilball, where instead of hitting the ball into the ground, you were supposed to spike it into another player. Kageyama thought back to previous games he had with Hinata, and decided he wouldn't be very good at the demon version. 

A figure came running to the Devilball court. A girl with short, dark hair, horn's fully grown and wings with light grey feathers. Her name was Yui, she was a friend of a friend. She ran up to Kageyama's group, a newspaper in hand. "Hey guy's have you heard?" she said, waving them down and slowing down to a jog. The group had spent majority of their day on the court, so they sent her an intrigued look. She turned the newspaper to the front, and pointed at the front headline, Angel King's Son Banished for Treason. It was paired with a picture of the angel prince, and below it was a second picture containing a set of cut off angel wings. 

Kageyama's group looked at one another with shocked expressions, some even laughed and commented on how even angels have evil among them, but Kageyama could barely hear them. His attention was focused on the first picture of the Angel Prince. He had ginger hair, and a lean frame. It reminded him of Hinata. but, it couldn't be. Hinata had a smile that made those around him feel like smiling. His movement's were energetic and his eyes were filled with a sparkle that made the stars in the sky seem dull. 

Kageyama shook the thought's out of his head. He looked at the time on his phone. It was almost time for human school again. He spent his impromptu vacation day with his friends, and now it was time to go back to earth, where he would see Hinata. Hinata was human, he would be on earth. He activated his necklace and found himself in his earth house in the blink of an eye. He felt his heartbeat get faster and faster. He began to put on his school uniform, but he was interrupted by the buzzing of his phone. He frantically took it out of his pocket and looked at the notification. 

New message from Hinata Shoyo

His heart rate began to slow down. He opened the message. 

Lets skip our practice at the public court today and go straight to coffee. My treat!

Kageyama was confused. Practice? What about school? He looked at the calendar, which read Saturday. He felt his palm meet his forehead. He slowly took off his school uniform and put on normal clothing. A second message from Hinata gave Kageyama a location, and he made his way to the meeting place. He stood outside the shop for a moment. It had a plant and wood theme, and wasn't too crowded. He looked through the windows to catch Hinata inside, waving at him. He opened the door of the coffee shop and was greeted with the gentle tinkle of a bell. 

They exchanged greetings and Kageyama spoke first, "Where were you yesterday?". Hinata smiled as Kageyama sat down in front of him. His smile was contagious and Kageyama even found himself grinning. He was excited to see his frie- human subject. "I was at my final doctor appointment! He said I'm all good now! No more coughing or blood!" 

Kageyama couldn't restrain himself as his grin turned into a full blown smile, "Really?" he asked. Hinata nodded furiously. A waitress came over to take their orders. They ordered a coffee each, and Hinata also ordered a small cake. When the waitress left, Hinata's face became brushed over with a red tint, "I was- um, I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my house to celebrate? A few rounds of Smash bros maybe?"

Kageyama felt his whole body heat up, "You want me to come over and smash for a few rounds?"

"NO- I mean- no that's not what I-", Hinata was glowing red. He put his head in his hands from embarrassment as Kageyama watched him curiously. He was fine with the plan, demons smashed all the time. Hinata fanned himself and spoke again, "S-Smash bros is a video game, I can teach you how to play". Kageyama nodded thoughtfully, "I see, that makes more sense. I didn't expect you to be the one to propose smashing". Hinata almost jumped out his seat, "What do you mean you didn't expect me to be the one? Were you going to suggest it?". 

Kageyama ignored the smaller boy, "Oh look, here comes our order". Hinata sat with his mouth open in shock and embarrassment, but no words were coming out. Kageyama grabbed a fork and put a piece of cake in Hinata's mouth. Hinata closed his mouth and tasted the cake. The sugar pushed any previous thoughts in Hinata's mind out. The two continued talking as they ate their cake and sipped on their coffee. 

Eventually they got up to leave, and Kageyama reached for his wallet. Hinata quickly ran up to the register, card in hand, and payed the entire bill. It was Kageyama's turn to be speechless. He gave him a hand gesture that asked "What are you doing?", and Hinata smiled at him, "I said it was my treat, now lets go!". Kageyama didn't bring it up again, and the two began their way to Hinata's home.