epilogue: absolutely yours

07
JUNGKOOK.

❝ then i remembered the first timei uttered your name, maybe i didswallowed the butterflies

then i remembered the first time
i uttered your name, maybe i did
swallowed the butterflies. ❞

|| sa'yo by munimuni ||
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

3:45 ───────|── 5:52
|◁ II ▷|

∞ ↺

____________________

and then i held her hand tightly, as if it was our last moment together.

because it actually is.

"kook," she called out as the song ended.

i looked at her as i caressed her hand, drowing in her orbs once again as i looked like a complete fool. staring at her lovingly for the last time as i cherished each second with her.

i stood up on my knees and gave her my last, sweet, and gentle kiss - before looking down at her again with her eyes open, along with her flaws that was shown in front of me.

"whenever you're ready, love." i said, as salty tears came out from my eyes. she gave me one final look, doing the same to minji who's watching the both of us at the other side of the bed.

"i love the both of you so much."

i intertwined my hand with hers as my other hand held the back of her head with my palm, bringing her to my shoulder for a warm embrace - feeling both of our hearts beating in sync for the last few seconds.

and as i brought her head back laying on the bed, her eyes were closed.

checking her pulse one last time as my heart sank.

she's now silently sleeping peacefully.

i gave her one last peck on the forehead before minji engulfed me in a hug and patted my back.

i love you too, seohyun.

i always have.