Chapter 14

Dani's POV

I walked down the hallway to find Lilli sitting on Corbins bed. She patted the bed next to her so I dropped myself there trying to contain my emotions.

"I'm so confused Lilli." She giggled a little and I know it is because she understand and to her it's simple.

"Here is my advice to you. Just wait six days until JT turns eighteen and everything will become clearer. You know how when he touches you and you get butterflies?" I just nodded not trusting myself with words.

"After he turns eighteen the feeling will be even more intense and unlike human relationships it never fades. The bond that is between you is fate and the two of you are meant to be together for the rest oaf your lives. The way you feel about him will be magnified and all of your doubts will fade. That I can promise you."

I wanted nothing more than to crawl into bed and forget that there was any drama in my life. I wanted to forget for just a second that Jamie was a werewolf, an Alpha. I wanted to forget that there was danger waiting for the pack. It was selfish to want to forget those things because I want to be with Jamie and this drama, this life is a package deal.

Due to the impending attack on Jamie and his uncles packs I didn't get to spend much time with him. He wasn't going to school during the day and at night I was lucky to get him to myself for a hour or two. It was miserable being without him and I could see Lilli struggling too because she went from spending every waking moment to only a few hours with Corbin.

When Friday rolled around I was hoping to hear from Jamie. Truthfully I was hoping he would ask me to come stay the night with him so we could be together as soon as he turned eighteen. I couldn't hope enough to make the phone ring and as immature as it was of me when the bell rang at the end of the day I went home. It was hard fighting for his time and I wasn't used to it.

I laid in bed all night watching the same reruns as always bored out of my mind. All I wanted was some of the normalcy back in my life and for Jamies name to pop up on my phone.

I don't remember falling asleep but I woke up feeling like there was a weight on my chest around three in the morning. Jamie was officially eighteen and all I wanted to do was drive to his house and see if everyone was right and he was really going to be mine forever.

Screw it. I'm going. My parents are out of town on business anyways so it's not like they'll notice I'm gone. The twenty minute drive to Jamies has never felt longer than it did tonight. Whatever happens when I get there will change my life one way or the other.

I barely got the car parked before I was out of it practically running to the front door. I still felt like I had a weight sitting on my chest like when I woke up.

I knocked on the door and only seconds later Jamie opened the door. His hair looked like his hands hadn't left it in hours.

"Dani?"

"Happy birthday Jamie. I didn't know the proper etiquette for this." Jamie stepped forward and brushed the hair out of my face and when he touched me I got goosebumps everywhere. Then he stepped forwards and kissed me and my entire body felt like I was on fire in the best way. I never wanted this to end if I could've frozen this moment I would have.

"Do you feel the bond now Dani? Do you finally believe that you're my mate?" All I can do is nod because Jamie quite literally took my breath away.

Jamie grabbed my hand pulling me into the house and up to his room.

"I haven't been able to sleep for days. Please just lay here with me." Jamie pulled towards his bed and I laid there in his arms. Wrapped in Jamies warmth I felt that weight lift off my chest and I felt at home for the first time in years.

A/N
I'm so sorry for the delay in an update. The past few weeks I finished my third year of college, moved all my stuff, went to a funeral for an old friend of mine, started back at my job, and have been working on getting my house ready for my fiancé to move in. It has been insanely crazy and busy but I'll try my best to keep updating.

Hope you enjoyed! XOXO