𝙤𝙣𝙚 | 𝘿𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙀𝙖𝙨𝙩

The nanny
you're the in house nanny because Dave is so busy with his music career.

*

*

"You look so pretty!" I complimented Kairi.

"Thank you." She grinned. "Daddy can't do it like this."

"I know he can't. That's what I'm here for." I said.

She looked at me with a hint of sadness in her eyes.

"I miss daddy." She said. "A lot."

"Aw, I know pooh. But he's working." I told her.

"Can he stop?" She asked. I sighed before shaking my head, no.

"Baby, he's doing this for you." I told her.

"But I don't want him to." She said. "I just want to watch Frozen and eat fruit snacks with daddy."

I felt terrible. Not only because Kairi feels neglected but because I was planning on leaving.

"You guys will watch frozen and eat fruit snacks tomorrow." I told her.

"But work." She said pouting.

"He'll take a break." I told her. "I promise."

*

"I don't know what to do." I sighed as I ranted to my best friend, Gabi. "I love my job with my whole heart but I want to break out and chase my dreams."

"Can't you just ask Dave to be a part time nanny instead?" She asked.

"Then he'll need to find someone else." I told her.

"So? What's wrong with that?" She asked.

"Over time I've became too protective over her." I sighed. "I don't want him to hire some random ass person and something bad happens to her while she's with them."

"You know Dave don't play when it comes down to his daughter." Gabi said. "He's going to do an in depth background search like he did you."

"But you know how I am." I said. "My anxiety is too much sometimes. I'll be worrying about her so much that I won't even pay attention to my dreams."

Since the age of fourteen I so badly wanted to be a fashion designer or a stylist. I always loved going to thrift shops to turn tragic clothing to trendy new clothing. When I was growing up, dress up was my thing.  I've always loved putting pieces together to make myself and others look good.