↳ 𝙞𝙞.

The Nanny pt. ii

*Six years later

*
Six years later

"Happy birthday Kairi!" I said as I hugged her tightly.

"Thank you!" She smiled as she hugged me back.

"I can't believe you're ten now." I said as my eyes began to water.

"Don't cry! You're going to mess up your make up." She said laughing at me.

"I know." I said trying to fan the tears away. "But I known you since you were a tiny little baby and now you're all big! Please stop growing."

"I canttt." She playfully rolled her eyes. "Oh yeah, happy birthday to you too Mila." Kairi said.

"Girl my birthday isn't for another two days." I said.

"I know but I wanted to be the first one to tell you." She replied.

I giggled before replying. "Well thank you baby."

"Come on, help me fix my hair so we can go." She grabbed my hand and led me to her bed room.

I felt my heart warm up as I thought of all of the good times we had together before our lives went on two different paths.

She started school and my career was finally taking off. I started working full time since I knew she didn't need me as much as she did before. So Dave hired someone to watch her after school. But that didn't stop me from communicating with Kairi and visiting her when I get the chance.

As for me and Dave? We never got together. Just random hook ups. And when I say random I mean random. We could literally go months without speaking then hook up and go back to being strangers for another couple of months.

"I like the name Cairo." Kairi said. "But like with a K, so we can match."

"Kairo is actually cute." I said as I fixed her hair into a bun.

"Yup...like me." She said smiling.

"Hey." Dave said peeking his head through the door.

"Hey dad." Kairi said.

I just gave him a small smile before wrapping a scarf around her head to lay everything down.

"Yall need anything?" Dave asked.

"Nope." Kairi said.