Chapter 2. Nagato's decision

Warning: there Will be Some gore-ish parts in this chapter and character deaths

In your Office (Y/n's P.O.V.)

I looked at laffey who was sleeping in my lap, her soft snores could even melt the coldest of hearts. 'She's so adorable, everything is so adorable about her. From the way she speaks to her personality and-' my thoughts got interrupted by a notification going off on my phone. I picked it up from where it was laying on the couch, luckily I didn't have to wake up laffey in the process. I unlocked my phone and saw an E-mail came in from the Fleet Admiral, I opened it.

To Y/n L/n
Tomorrow at 1330 hours there will be a meeting at my naval base over sirens activity in the area, make sure you bring some evidence like maps or pictures with you. see you there

Fleet admiral Johnson

'Looks like I need to prepare some stuff first' I thought, I was about stand up and place laffey back on the couch when I felt someone grab my hand. I looked down and saw laffey sleeping while holding onto my hand. 'I guess I can also do that tomorrow' I closed my eyes and relaxed "goodnight commander" I heard laffey say sleepily "goodnight laffey" I whispered. I could feel laffey rest her head against my chest before the cute snores continued again.

Nagato's P.O.V.

We've been traveling for a few hours now, "how long until we get to our destination?" I asked. "I've already sent a few planes to get a rough idea, it shouldn't be much longer then 20 minutes now" Souryuu replies. "Thank you Souryuu, okay everyone get ready. Remember do not attack, only observe the enemy" I told them, the 5 of them nodded and our 3 DD's sped off. Me, Souryuu and Hiryuu stayed back to provide air superiority and long range attacks if needed. 'Something has been bothering me ever since we left, this odd feeling of dread hasn't left me. Will Kitakaze, Ayanami and Yuudachi be okay?' "Nagato, are you feeling alright?" Hiryuu asked in a worried tone, Souryuu also joined in "ever since we left the naval base, you looked a bit worried about something" she said, I nodded before replying "ever since we left the naval base, this feeling of utter dread hasn't left me"

"Is it about them?" Hiryuu asked while pointing in the direction Kitakaze, Ayanami and Yuudachi sped off to "maybe, can you two send some Zeros to follow them?" I asked shortly after a flight (3 to 6 planes) of Zero's were in the air. They circled above us for a few seconds, before going North East towards the three DD's. A few minutes passed before a flight of Zeros came back, I began to panic. What happened? Did they get attacked? Are Kitakaze, Ayanami and Yuudachi okay? What will the commander think of us? "Don't you worry Nagato, these are the guys I sent in earlier to scout out the area for any siren activity" Souryuu explained 'okay Nagato, calm down, calm down. They are okay, nothing happened' after a bit I was able to calm down, but the feeling of utter dread never went away. Suddenly a lone Zero appeared out of the clouds above us, a trail of smoke following it. The heavily damaged Zero landed on Hiryuu's deck, Hiryuu was silent for a minute before speaking with a shaky voice "T-t-they a-are gone, we failed them" she said "who are gone?" My voice was full of fear, Hiryuu was about to respond, but a new voice interrupted her

"It's very simple Nagato, your little destroyer friends are dead" the new voice said, I turned around to where the voice came from. There floating in the air where Taihou, Akagi and Kaga in her BB form, all 3 of them belonged to the fleet admiral "my dearest sister here took them out with one barrage, sadly we didn't get to torture them" Akagi finished her sentence with a crazy laugh. "Why would you do this?!" I yelled "it's simple, our fleet admiral wants you dead" Taihou said, a psychotic grin was plastered on her face, "what is he planning?!" Souryuu yelled. "Well, let's just say you six won't be only ones at the bottom of the sea today" Kaga answered while her turrets started aiming at us, before we could do anything she fired her main and secondary guns at us. "This is it" i whispered to myself, seconds later I felt pain all over my body. The explosion threw me a couple meters in the air before I crashed down into the sea again, I slowly opened my eyes and saw several big holes along with some smaller ones in my rigging, my left arm and left leg got hit with shrapnel and were bleeding quite badly, my right arm looks to be broken, since it was twisted at an odd angle, there was also a piece of red steel with several stripes of burnt leather still remaining lodged into my right forearm, I gagged at the thought of what happened to Hiryuu and Souryuu. I looked back at my rigging, 3 of my main turrets were completely destroyed, while my last one was heavily damaged but still operational.  'It's a wonder i am still floating with all these holes in my rigging'