12

a few weeks later
OWENS POV
It's been a few weeks since the shooter and everything went back to normal. Liam made up with his friend was week and Ava is still going on dates that aren't actually dates. Both Logan and Ava's sports seasons are going good, Olivia brought up her math grade with help from Liam, and Riley and Noah still don't actually know what happened. It was Saturday and we were all eating lunch in the kitchen. Amelias phone rang and Logan went to go look who it was.
"Who's Charlotte King?" Logan said.
"Oh my gosh Charlotte!" Amelia smiled and grabbed the phone.
"Hi!" She answered and walked into the other room.
"Who's Charlotte?" Noah asked.
"One of mommy's friends from LA," I said.
"In California?" Riley asked.
"That would be where LA is," Logan chuckled.
"Is she a doctor too?" Riley asked.
"Yup," I said.
"Have we ever met her?" Olivia asked.
"You three did," I said and looked at the twins and Logan. Amelia came back into the kitchen on the phone.
"No yeah that sounds good," Amelia said and grabbed a water bottle.
"Mhm, yeah love you too," Amelia said and hung up.
"How is Charlotte?" I asked.
"She's good," Amelia smiled.
"Is she friends with Aunt Addie?" Riley asked.
"Yes she is," Amelia said.
-
"Mommy!" Noah came in the house crying. Him and Riley were playing outside on our swing set.
"What happened?" Amelia said.
"I fell," he said and lifted up his pant leg.
"Okay let's get you cleaned up," Amelia said. I went to the bathroom and got a wash cloth and bandage.
"Thanks," Amelia said.
"Does this mean I can't play outside now?" Noah pouted.
"Just be careful," I said.
"Noah are you okay?" Riley asked.
"Yeah," Noah said.
"Okay," she said and came and stood next to me. Amelia put the bandage on Noah's knee and then him and Riley went back outside.
"Chill out!" I heard Logan yell from upstairs.
"Shut up!" Olivia yelled.
"Go downstairs and see what they say I'm not stupid!" Logan said.
"Yes you are!" Olivia said. I looked at Amelia and chuckled.
"Is it too much to ask for one day without fighting?" Amelia said.
"Guess so," I chuckled. We went upstairs and Logan and Olivia were yelling at each other in Olivias room.
"What is going on?" I said.
"Logan thinks he's my mom all of a sudden," Olivia said and came out of her room, and I knew why logan was yelling at her. A small top and ripped jeans.
"And where were you going?" Amelia said.
"I was going to ask Logan if he could drive me to the mall," she said.
"You can you if you wear clothes," Amelia said.
"Told you!" Logan said.
"Go put a sweatshirt or something on," I said.
"Ugh!" She said and slammed her door. I looked at Amelia and she chuckled.
"I'll talk to her," Amelia said.
"Thanks," I said.
AMELIAS POV
I knocked on Olivias door and she opened it with long sleeves on.
"Better?" She said sarcastically.
"Yeah," I said and closed her door.
"I don't need a lecture," she said.
"You're getting one anyway," I said and she sat down on her bed.
"It's not about a boy so before you start all that crap I don't want to hear it because I'm not ava who's boy crazy," she said.
"Okay," I said and sat down at her desk, "what is it then."
"It's nothing it was just an outfit," she said.
"See I don't believe you," I said.
"I didn't ask you too," she said, she was just like me, so stubborn and sarcastic.
"Olivia," I said.
"It's what everyone else wears I don't see why it's a big deal mom," She said.
"Olivia you don't need to wear revealing clothing to fit in," I said.
"You don't go to middle school because apparently you do!" She said. I frowned and looked at her.
"So who cares what everyone else wears?" I said.
"I do," she said.
"Well you are pretty just the way you are," I said.
"Can I still go?" She asked.
"Where are you going?" I asked.
"The mall with Gabby, Chloe, and Isabelle," she said.
"Yes," I said.
"Thanks," she said and got up.
"Hey I want a hug," I said.
"Mom," she complained.
"Come here," I said and got up. She hugged me and I kissed her head. I grabbed my keys and dropped her off at the mall. I sighed as she felt like she had to fit in so badly, it was so hard being a teenager these days. I drove home and walked inside and Owen was on the couch playing video games with Liam.
"Hi Mia," Owen said.
"Hi," I said and came over and kissed his head.
"Dad why do you call mom Mia if her names Amelia?" Liam asked.
"I actually don't know," Owen chuckled.
"Me either," I chuckled, "he came up with it when we were dating and it kinda stuck."
"Yeah," Owen smiled. Liam nodded and they went back to playing their game. I got up and walked into the kitchen and Ava was doing homework on her computer at the table and Noah and Riley were working too.
"Hi mom," Ava said.
"Mommy!" Riley and Noah said.
"I hear Olivia has changed her wardrobe," Ava said.
"Not if I can help it," I chuckled, "where's logan?"
"He's doing math homework," Noah said.
"Okay," I said. I went to go make coffee and my pager beeped. 911 emergency.
"Shit," I said. I kissed the kids goodbye and walked into the living room.
"Hey I have to go to the hospital," I said and kissed Owens cheek.
"Okay love you," He said.
"I love you too," I said. I said goodbye to Logan and Liam and then went out to my car to go to the hospital.
LIAMS POV
My dad was playing video games and I was thinking about Jamie. We weren't officially dating but we talked a lot, I really think I like her. I might love her.
"Hey dad?" I said.
"Yeah Liam?" He said.
"When did you know you loved mom?" I said. He chuckled and smiled.
"I loved your mother from the second I met her," he said, "it was when I met her at the hospital from the first time. Your Uncle Derek introduced us, she was perfect." I smiled.
"Do you have someone?" He asked.
"Uh no I was just wondering," I said.
"What's her name," he said.
"Jamie," I said.
"You love her?" He asked.
"I mean I think I do, I don't know, she's really great dad, she's so sweet, and I really like her," I said.
"Sometimes when you know you know," he smiled.