Favorite

"Hm? You want to know more about me?" A girl in a kyouka tabira hopped off from the elevated ledge of the well. Her yonderly eyes seemingly attracted to the weeds that grew near her sanctuary.

"Yeah. Like your favorite color, food, animal and stuff!" Amane grew red by every second that passed. "Ah! That is-only if you're comfortable with it."

Seeing how flustered the boy became from her small actions alone, the girl couldn't help but laugh. "Amane-kun, you look like you just ate a whole bush worth of chili peppers! Of course I'm okay with it! Though I do have a confession to make... "

A... A confe...?!

Amane's face bursted into different shades of red. The girl could only deadpan from her friend's innocent reaction.

"I think your idea of a confession is different from mine. Please calm down." Isui playfully hit the boy on the head, bringing him back to his senses. A small blush was evident on both parties. "I just... nobody has ever asked me about myself.

The girl fidgeted from her spot, looking down to the overgrowth. "This is my first time having a friend. Also, to be honest, I've only recently become a supernatural so I don't know much about the near shore yet. I might not have much to offer you in regards to favorites or... stuff... " She looked up to meet the amber eyes of her friend. They glowed against the sunlight, almost soft and alluring. Isui's cheeks dusted a soft pink. "Still, I'm kinda ha-happy someone actually... you know... wanted to know, um... well, me.

...

"Sorry if I'm being weird." Isui finished, looking back down to the ground whilst twiddling her thumbs.

A warm hand found its way to Isui's head slightly messing her hair. She looked up to see an angel. Oh, wait, it was Amane. She saw Amane smiling at her.

"That's okay! You're my first friend too!" The raven haired boy chirped, practically reflecting the sunlight off of him, giving the illusion that he was radiating sunshine. Isui had to squint her eyes just to see him properly. "We're both beginners at this, haha!"

What is this sun child made of? Raw positivity? Isui kept that thought to herself.

"Then," the girl found the hop to her movements, finally cheering up. "Then, let's find out what our favorites are, together!"

"Yeah! Let's!" Amane chuckled with the girl as the two walked out of the garden.

Amane walked a few paces ahead of the spectre, giving her a clear view of his back. From that perspective Amane may have looked like a normal boy that can easily be forgettable to anyone, but Isui felt something. It lurked just under that cheerful persona he displayed; something, just something off.

He looks so lonely...

It reminded her of the times when she was securely nestled with her boundary. It was a peaceful place, a vast expanse of tranquility. Yet with the serene home came the growing seed of isolation. No matter how many fishes there was that she would tend to, she longed for someone to contact. Someone from the near shore. Someone that she somehow couldn't reach.

The pain that grew everyday she was within that beautiful cage tore her. The red feeling of a thousand needles pricking her heart as moments past with no idea of the world she served to exist was immense. She just didn't have anybody with her.

Amane, on the other hand, was surrounded with so many unique people, those who harbor stories of their own, and yet... he always looked so distant. Like he, too, was confined in an invisible cage Isui could not see nor touch. She wished to find that key to set this mysterious boy free just like how he did for her

If only...

...

"Amane!" Isui called for the boy who's pace slowed down for her. She giddily floated beside him, smiling. "I think I know who my favorite is!"

"Hm?" Amane hummed, nodding a bit as the two passed the corridors filled with students. It was a subtle sign for Isui to proceed.

"You! You're my favorite!" Isui innocently spat out, ignorant to how much impact that caused her friend.

...

"Hey, hey, that weird boy is blushing," someone from the crowd of students muttered.

"Just ignore him," another added, pushing their friend away.

The spectre frowned, profusely apologizing to Amane who covered his face with his hands. The two ran away from the halls and into a secluded corner.

"Ah! I'm so sorry!" Isui whined like a puppy as she tried to hand Amane a handkerchief.

"You... " Amane began to utter. It was too quiet that Isui had to lean closer to hear clearly. "You're also my... favorite... "

...

"Oh," Isui didn't know how to reply. She now understood why Amane reacted so suddenly, as she too began to glow a bright red.

"Thanks... "

These two amatures still had a long way to go before they stopped blushing from every little thing that came from the other's mouth. They didn't even like each other.

Yet.

■♡■

Ho, ho, we meet again bluebells.

Um, actually, I don't have anything to say other than sorry that I didn't update yesterday.

Also, hi, because I'm lonely. This quarantine's giving me the blues and I'm sure everyone feels the same too.

So

I hope this filler chapter helps.

Welp! That's all for now, stay hydrated ya'll.

=w=