Season 2, Chapter 5: Sick

After School

Nishikata's POV

It's so strange, I didn't see Takagi all day. I wonder what happened to her.

I feel so lonely without her, more like lifeless. Looks like she did brought the colours of life to me. Without her, I felt bored, strange, and lonely. Good thing I managed to skim trough the day without having any trouble.

I went to my house and greeted my Mom.

"Hey Mom."

"Hi, dear. What happened to you? You seemed...bored." She gave me a concern look while I sighs.

"Takagi isn't at school, I felt so bored."

"Ahaha! So you finally realized how much Takagi is important to you huh?"

My Mom teased me while I stammered, looking away from her.

"I-i mean, I've realized it since the day before new year festival. Like literally, she is the colours to my life."

"Awww...You're so lucky to have her. Well then, go have a shower. I made pork miso tonight." My mom gave me a smile, while I just nodded and took my shower.

I went downstairs to see my Parents talking to each other while eating dinner, so I came to join.

A few moments later, I went upstairs and checked my phone. I immediately went to Takagi contact and called her.

"Hello?" I said.

"Nishikata-! *cough*" I heard her, in a sick voice and a...cough? Is she sick?

"Umm...Takagi, why are not to school today?"

"Can't you see that- *cough 2x*"

"Oh...you're sick. That's very unfortunate. I'm so sorry Takagi."

"I-it's fine. Hey, I have an- *Cough 2x* Idea."

"What is it?"

"How about you came to- *cough 3x* *another cough 2x*"

"Wow, you sure have a bad cough there, everything alright?" I said with a very concered voice. I hope she's alright.

"I'm...fine. Anyways, since tomorrow is sunday, *cough 2x* can you came to my house...and check on me...please? *Cough 2x*"

"WHAT!? Um...."

"Please...Nishikata...*cough 3x* *another cough 3x" Just...for me...Also I know that you're bored from school."

"I...uh...haha..." What do I have to say? I mean...I'm really wanna see her, but what happened if I also got infected? Or more, Teased and getting embarrased!?

"Please...Nishikata-! *Cough 7x*" Alright you know what, I'm going to her house tomorrow.

"I'm going to your house tomorrow! Your coughing is terrible and need some company. I can take care of you...If you want." Then there was silence, whops. Did I do the wrong thing?

"Oh Thank you Nishikata! Thank you, Thank-! *cough 3x*" Phew, that was harder that I thought.

"Okay, okay. Don't get too excited, I'm coming at your house tomorrow. Take care Takagi." I said smiling.

"You too, Nishikata *cough*. Love you." Then she hung up.

Wow, wait.

DID I JUST REALIZED THAT I'M GOING TO HER HOUSE TOMORROW DIRECTLY AND I'M NOT PREPARED YET!?

The next day.

Takagi's POV.

"Drink this after he made you a meal, and make sure that he feeds you. Three tablespoon, okay?" My Mom gave me direction while I'm sitting on my bed.