Prologue

Liz was in front of a wall filled with newspaper articles, photos and notes. Her long brown hair was tied in a high ponytail. She was wearing a black tank top tugged in her jeans. Her eyes were travelling on the huge wall that soon will be plain again. She was making sure everything was finished. Liz sighed looking at a picture of Lincoln. She was at Micheal's waiting for him. He had planned on breaking his brother out of prison. According to the engineer, it was the only solution. Liz wasn't really fond of the idea. After all, she was an FBI agent. She was respecting laws, putting criminals in prisons. It was her job, not breaking them out. But it was different. Lincoln, the man she looked up as a big brother was innocent. He had been framed, she knew that. She investigated the case but her superiors quickly removed her the case. She still didn't know why. Something was up. It was obvious. Letting Michael doing was he was about to do was against her values. But she knew that he would do it anyway. Plus, she couldn't let Lincoln in the death row. She had to help to save him.

Liz went back to her senses when she heard the front door opening and then closing. She turned around to the entrance of the living room to see Micheal. She walked to him a little smile on her lips. She knew him since childhood. Both of them had always been kind of close. They were helping and protecting each other. She trusted him with her life. Even when she moved to Quantico, Virginia to be trained as an FBI agent, they never lost contact. And when she moved back to Chicago, after Lincoln arrestation, Michael and Liz grew even more closer.

"Hey," She greeted him. "How it went?" she asked.

"Good, but being lied on a table for hours is tiring," he said, walking into the leaving room. Liz chuckled as he put his jacket on a chair.

"Can I see them?"

Micheal smiled and then removed his shirt. Liz came closer and admired the work done on his whole upper body. His arms, his torso, his back were covered with tattoos. Nobody could know that the tattoos were a map at first sight. The idea was pure genius. But not surprised from Micheal.

"This... This is amazing..." Liz muttered as she follows some tattoo lines with the tips of her fingers. It sent shivers down Micheal's spine. As she was admiring the tattoos, Micheal was admiring Liz's face. Her big hazel eyes, her long brown hair and her rosy cheeks. He found her beautiful. But he never got the chance to tell her. Without noticing, Micheal cupped Liz's face with his hand. She looked up to him and as soon as their eyes met, breathing became hard. They looked at each other, lost in one another irises. Slowly, they leaned and their faces got closer and closer. Their lips were brushing but it was like Micheal woke up of his trance and he turned his head. Liz snapped back into reality and she cleared her throat and took a few steps back. It was already hard for Micheal to leave Liz again, even if he knew that she could defend herself. She meant a lot to him. He wanted to tell her how he felt but it would complicated everything. It would be harder for him and for her to leave each other. It would hurt her even more and Micheal didn't want that. He wanted to protect her.

"Hum... " Liz cleared her throat again. The situation was awkward now. Micheal had put on his shirt and wasn't looking at her in the eyes. She went to lean against the table. She crossed her arms and looked at the wall. "I checked the info you told me. There were correct. You'll mainly need John Abruzzi and Charles Westmorland also known as D.B Cooper. Abruzzi leads the mafia in Chicago, so be careful. He won't hesitate to kill you if he wants. Gain his trust and he'll provide you with a plane to leave to Mexico."

"I know how to convince him," Micheal said, looking at a picture of Abruzzi.

"Fibonacci?" she asked.

"Yeah," He smirked. "And D.B Cooper?"

"He was incarcerated under the name of Charles Westmorland. It seems like he didn't want his secret to be known. He is not the type of killing people. If you gain his trust you'll have one million dollars waiting for you. I could send it to you and Lincoln once you'll reach Panama."

"Ok," Micheal took a deep breath and turned to Liz. "We are ready."

Liz nodded and they started to clean the wall. Micheal also threw his drive into the lake. He stayed in front of his window and looked at the city. Liz looked at him and went to stand next to him. She put a hand on his shoulder. He turned to her. Liz sighed and hugged him tightly. Micheal warped his arms around Liz's waist. She buried her head in the crook of his neck.

"Be careful there... Prison is a cruel world. It's the jungle law there..." She muttered.

"Don't worry, I'll okay..." Micheal reassured.

"Just... Come back safe..."

And it's like that that everything started. The story of our journey. The story of our life.