2. Awkward Encounter

Two Years Later...

That's right, I survived two years working with this neurotic man. It only took 25 therapy sessions and 72 hours of commitment to a mental hospital.

Kidding....it wasn't that bad. But it isn't that great either.

The more I got to know him, the easier it got at least. However, I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy. How should I put it? He was a literal Devil.

I had to be at work at 8 am sharp. I was 3 minutes late one day during my second week. No big deal, right? WRONG. He made me type up an instructional manual consisting of 100 pages only to find out that I didn't need to do that since they already had it saved on the cloud. He made me do that to punish me and then bragged about how he taught me about structures and disciplines. Excuse me? What? How?

Did I mention I also have to take out all the green skittles from his candy bowl every morning? I wish I was kidding.

After arriving at work, I had to make his coffee consisting of no creamer or sugar. I believe in my heart that people who drink their coffee this way are sociopaths. I was also the person to be in charge of keeping track of all of his meetings and schedules, but that was the normal part of the job. He kept me busy and on my toes all day, every day. By the time I was home, I was too exhausted to do anything.

"Babe, you need to stop answering your phone when you are with me," My boyfriend Mark said.

Yes, I am in a very mature and adult relationship with Mark. Is that so surprising? What, did you think this was some type of cliched scenario where I would fall in love with the handsome, stoic, billionaire boss? Get out of here with that attitude!

Mark is an amazing boyfriend. He is smart, good looking, funny, and has a great job as a book editor. Together we make a fine couple, or so our parents think. We have been together for 6 months now and I couldn't be any happier. He fully supports my job and is very understanding about it. To an extent of course.

"I am sorry, I just can't ignore my boss. He gets really irritable," I shrugged.

"He is also way too demanding," Mark commented. "You have a life outside of work, doesn't he know that?"

Hard to tell. He calls me anytime, any day, whenever he feels like it. As if on cue, my phone started to ring.

"Don't answer it..." Mark started to say but I already answered.

"Hello! What can I do for you, sir?" I asked.

"I need you to pick up my suit from the dry cleaning and bring it over to my house," he said.

Not even a simple hello. Typical Boss.

"Sure thing, I will bring it right over," I said in a sweet tone. He hung up. I guess we are not saying goodbye either.

"What is it this time?" Mark inquired.

"Eh...I gotta go. Gotta run an errand for him," I said.

"See! This is what I am talking about! You never get a break," Mark was starting to get angry.

"I know, but that's my job baby, I knew what I signed up for. Don't worry I am going to apply for the next position real soon," I said and kissed him.

Mark started to calm down and pulled me into a deeper kiss. "I just...miss you a lot," he said quietly.

"I know and I am sorry. You've been very patient with me so thank you," I smiled.

I hurried outside to call a cab. If I don't get the suit at his house in half an hour he will have my head. And I love my head. Some say it is quite pretty.