Visiting

Kurt POV

I sighed and gazed out the window of my boyfriend's, Blaine, car. We were on our way to Central City for a hospital charity drive, but the drive couldn't be more uneventful. Blaine had tried to make conversation, but I really wasn't feeling it that day. So I gazed out the window reminiscing my high school days. 

It was good overall, minus the bullies. I really missed Glee club, and couldn't wait for the New Directions next reunion in a couple of years. I remembered Sebastian Smythe too. He was the major jerk captain of the Warblers, who had nearly blinded Blaine and tried to steal him from me. In the end we all made peace, but I still didn't care for him very much. 

Eventually, we arrived in Central City. We stopped at CC Jitters for a quick cup of coffee, and then made our way to the hospital. Upon arriving, Blaine jumped out of the car, eager to be part of the charity event. 

"Come on, Kurt," Blaine said.

"I'm coming, don't rush me," I replied huffily. 

The hospital was strangely crowded when they went inside. My eyebrows furrowed. Blaine walked up the the front desk.

"Why is it so crowded?" He asked.

The receptionist, a middle aged woman with glasses, looked up, "Hmm? Oh. You must not be from around here. Dr. Harrison Well's particle accelerator exploded last week, and it caused lots of injuries and deaths. Horrible, really. I've never even seen it this busy and I've worked here for 15 years."

"That's horrible," I said.

"Yes," she agreed sadly, "curse that man. He caused so much pain recently."

Blaine looked at his feet and shook his head, "I can't even imagine."

I began to ask a question, "So, what..."

Then the hospital's power shorted out. There were cries of distress, and angry shouts as the power shut down and nurses and doctors rushed around. 

"What's happening?" Blaine asked frantically. 

The receptionist sighed, "He must be seizing again."

"Who?" I asked.

"We call him our miracle patient." she said. We cocked our heads and she continued, "He was struck by lightning the day the particle accelerator exploded..."

"Struck by lightning!" I shout, "How is he alive?"

"We don't know." she said. "But every time he goes into shock, we get unexplainable power outages."

"Who is the patient?" Blaine asked.

"His name is Bartholomew, Barry, Allen." She answered.

"Can people visit?" he asked.

"Yes, but only a few at a time."

"Okay, thanks," Blaine smiled.

The power came back on, and we sat in the lobby for a while while people regained their composure. 

After talking with people about the charity event, and donating some money, we made our way up to the 5th floor, where the receptionist told us the comatose lightning boy was. 

"I wonder what he looks like," I said.

"Yeah," Blaine muttered.

Blaine walked up to a nurse, "Um, excuse me. Which room is Barry Allen in?"

The nurse smiled, "512."

"Thank you." Blaine said, and we walked off. 

When we got to the room, Blaine stopped in front of me abruptly. "Oh my god," I heard him whisper. 

I couldn't see, so I stepped around him. I gasped. Lying comatose on the hospital bed was none other than the infamous Sebastian Smythe. I stood there gaping, trying to comprehend the situation. No, I didn't really like Sebastian, but I didn't want him hurt. And seeing him lying there... I was going to be sick. I hurried out of the room, Blaine hot on my tail. 

We practically raced out of the hospital to our hotel. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god," Blaine kept saying.