Chapter 2

I closed my book as the train whistle blew. Luna stood first and whispered to me " good luck" before almost floating out of the compartment. utterly Confused by what she meant I stood and followed the boys out of the compartment.

We walked towards the therstal pulled carriages and stepped into the closest empty one. The carriage was about to pull away before a certain redhead came literally dragging the brightest witch of our age and the savior. He got into the carriage and sat all but throwing Potter in a sit and plopping granger as close to his lap as possible. 

" Scram Slytherins" he gave us a sneer as he tried to pull Granger onto his lap, which caused anger to well up in my chest which didn't make sense, I mean she was very pretty and I wanted to be friends with her but I could like her could I?  I looked at Draco who was glaring at the weasel completely unaware of my internal conflict. Potter managed to get between Weasel and Granger and sat down next to him offering Granger the seat furthest from the weasel.

The weasel looked back at us, " what did I tell you death eater's in training leave unless you want me to do something, there's no Snape to protect you now." Draco let out a little laugh as the carriage moved towards the castle. 

" you see weaselbee we can't as you so nicely put it 'scram' because the carriage is already moving." The weasel just scowled and glared before starting a conversation with the other two-thirds of the golden trio. Both didn't seem receptive to his attempts at talking to them.    Draco scooted closer to Theo and then proceed to stick his tongue out at the raised eyebrow that followed my glance. 

The ride to the castle was hysterical at least if you watched to the two brunettes' facial expressions. It appeared that neither one of them liked this particular weasel. 

When we got to the entrance hall everyone was looking behind me laughing turning around I came face to face with The weasel with pickle green hair and neon pink skin. The boy in question just puffed his chest and raised his head.

" Looking good Weasley," Goldstein said as he passed. Weasel took it as a genuine compliment. 

Once everyone was seated the first years were brought in and the sorting began. Many of the first years just couldn't stop looking at the now pink weasel, many of them giggled, or full-out laughed and the weasel was none the wiser.  Ignoring the sorting in favor to watch the golden trio, a few things seemed to come to light. Despite Potter being the boy who lived it seemed as if the trio's movements were dictated by the weasel.

Something wasn't right, I tried to think back to the ride here but my mind was blank, we couldn't have done nothing,  there had to be something,  there was something. I must have started frowning as Blaise muttered, " what's wrong?" With a shake of my head, he dropped it. The feast went by and the nagging feeling in the back of my head didn't go away. Dumbledore stood and said some closing balderdash about victories while looking at the Gryffindors and failed to look at the Slytherins. When he was done we were finally released.

Per protocol, the prefects led the first years and the other upperclassmen made sure no one got lost or made their way to a Gryffindor. The walk wasn't too far and it was all downstairs.

Once we were inside the common room with its almost homey feel. Professor Snape entered with his usual dramatic flair. He gave his own little speech and posted the monthly schedule for when he would be in the common room to help with homework.

When we were free for real this time the other ladies and I headed up to our dorm. The other girls as we went to our rooms, it was two per room but there was an odd number for both the boys and the girls. Strangely enough, there were two beds in my room now, when every year previous there had only been one. No one came into the room for a while so I just shrugged it off.