𝟳 : se

I'm going to kill Hongjoong after this class if he doesnt show up. I swear. Yunho was sitting in his morning English class, ready for the lesson to start. His friend wasn't seen anywhere near the classroom, and that was a disaster: Hongjoong was Yunho's only hope in English.

It was the next day after the incident in the 7-Eleven with Mingi. He had had the rest of the night to clear off his head, but he was still awkward when he looked at Mingi. He was unfortunately in the same class, too. I did mention that they had courses together.

And it did look like Yunho had some killing to do. Hongjoong hadn't become present by the time the teacher did, so Yunho assumed that the other was going to skip class. The audacity.

The teacher started talking in a hoarse morning voice. Someone has had a rough night, too.
"Okay, class, we did discuss that today we were going to start a written group project, right? We're going to do it in pairs or in groups of 3. You're all sitting in pairs, so we'll use your seatmates as partners. Okay, pair up."

The students got perked up and looked like they were ready for the further instructions.

"Teacher, my pair hasn't shown up today.", a student ahead of Yunho told the teacher. Naturally, the teacher took action.

"Okay then, you and you be a pair." He pointed at another student. "Who else doesn't have a pair?"

Yunho raised his hand and looked around if anyone else didn't have someone to work with.

Mingi also raised his hand.

Oh, isn't that a cheesy fanfiction trope. Such a cliché.

"Well, you two can be a pair, right? Nothing to complain?"

Mingi looked at the teacher and shook his head. He then travelled next to Yunho.

"Peekaboo."

"Um. Hi."

"Where's your pair?" Yunho asked while arranging his stuff so Mingi could sit on the table next to him.

"Didn't show up."

"Oh, same. Guess we were fortuned together, haha."

"Shut up." A simple smile.

The teacher later gave the detailed instruction. A 4-page essay about 1 chosen topic of given topics. Font size 12, row gap 1.5. Co-ed paper, all in English. The work would be graded by the research and English usage. Yunho and Mingi chose 5 000 Years of Chinese Dynasties. At least they got an interesting topic. At Least.

"Oh, came to mind from Chinese Dynasties, I'm sorry about yesterday.." Yunho apologized. Smooth.

"Huh?"

"When I asked about personal things, I should've thought more."

"It's not that I'd be against being paired with a boy, it's, I just.."

"Ah, forget that I ever asked. Lets just forget it." Regretting that he brought this up again, Yunho ruffled Mingi's hair lightly before opening his laptop. He cringed on the inside. He will never touch this subject again.

I, the writer, am about to shout from frustration. Feel free to join.

Did you get curious about Hongjoong? Hongjoong was having his own adventure with a friend of Mingi's. Well, more like Hongjoong found him on the floor holding his knee like he'd cry if he let go.

"Hey, what happened, are you ok?"

"Ah, it's nothing, just j-fell down a flight of stairs..." fuck, did he just stutter? oh my hot cheetos and whatever is above.

"Ah, shit, okay, do you need to get it checked? Let me look at it quick. Can I touch you?"

"That sounded dirty but yeah, go ahead. Gentleman."

*consent is the fucking key*

Hongjoong shushed the other's hands off and rolled the trousers far up enough that he could see the knee bare. It looked kinda bad.

"Does it hurt anywhere else?" Hongjoong quizzed the other while examining the knee carefully.

"Aha, what do you think? It was kind of a bad fall."

"Hey, don't get sarcastic in this situation. Where else does it hurt?" He asked in a more serious tone.

"My ego."

Hongjoong didn't look satisfied with the answer.

"Okay, okay, my head and shoulder and back, my arms too."

Hongjoong pulled the other up and they slowly walked through the school building to the pharmacy section. In total silence — no one muttered a thing. Okay, that was an over exaggeration.

"Name?" Hongjoong huffed, not trying to sound curious.

"Name what?"

"Your name."

"Gosh. Just let me be. Seonghwa."

"Hongjoong. Also, I am letting you be."

Hongjoong kept looking at the other boy, judging his looks and personality this far. Looks? Not too bad. Personality? Could be better. Maybe the blonde would be grateful for Hongjoong helping him.

As if the situation needed to go worse, when they reached the pharmacy, there was no light inside and dead in movement. The entrance was locked.

"Shit, it isn't open."

Hongjoong didn't even have to think. "Okay, we're going to my place then. Don't worry, it's only a 20-minute drive. Don't hesitate. Let's go." He looked at the time from his phone, "I'll skip class."

"And you assume I don't have to skip class too?"

"Seriously... Okay, let's just go. Go to the main gate, I'll go get my car and pick you up.

Now that he's getting his car, I could easily just escape. Or just give up and go with him. Eh, whatever. Fuck it, I'll just get to skip class.
Seonghwa walks up to the front gate.

Back to Yunho and Mingi.

Mingi and Yunho are doing excercises in pairs. Researching about their own topic, dynasties in China, and writing a co-ed paper of it in English.

"It keeps destroying and glueing itself together continuously, how can I even write it simply?" Mingi groaned. They had been working on the paper for an hour now, but neither for them had had any actual work done. Smart!

"I don't know, just like... make it make sense."

"That is not helpful."

"I'm glad to help!"

"No, but, why did we decide on a hard topic? We could've chosen about whatever."

"You were the one who gave the suggestion, dummy."

They kept going back and forth on stupid arguments. Imagine both of them saying this at the same time in their heads,
"Shit, I actually like being with him. Huh."

. . .

im back?¿ ah yes. hello. i hope that i wont fall into another slump like right away but anyways IM GLAD TO WRITE AGAIN i missed it tbh. i like writing nonsense.

i hope yall havent lost interest lol
i feel especially sorry for readers that have been here since the beginning and have had to wait ages. i sincerely apologize 🙇‍♂️