Chapter 54

"Do you want to stay with me tonight? We haven't...finished what we started before. So, I want to be..."

"Actually, Sooyoung-ah, I think...I'm kind of tired." Politely rejecting her offer. "We hiked today. And besides, I need to focus on my work, too. We still have a lot of time since we'll keep seeing each other...let's take it slow."

--

"AHH~ MAJOR FAIL." Sooyoung releases a heavy exhale then washes her face in the bathroom. "When will we get to do this..." Patting her face down with a towel. "We were so close last time..."

Life is indeed all about the timing.

Checking her reflection, she cups her cheeks, "Did I get ugly recently? Is that why he's not interested?"

Can't be...

"Ugh! I thought an exhilarating love fantasy would be waiting for me as soon as I returned." Sooyoung groans, "I've held off my desire for so long, too!"

Tossing some old towels in a basket, she heads to the laundry room.

I was kind of hopeful. Now that my family won't be interfering. Also, I know that even with a human, if we can control it well enough, there shouldn't be any problems. I thought we could be together without any real worries now...

Opening the washing machine, she adds the dirty load then detergent. Closing the lid, she chooses the cycle and presses start. Frustrated, she slams the basket on top of the washer. "Who knew he'd be this busy!!" The machine starts shaking and startles her, but soon she realizes it's only because the washing cycle began. "Ugh, I want to hug him soon..." She admits. "I want to be... more like a couple with him."

Ah, well. No need to rush. It's like he said, we have lots of time!

-

"Do you want to stay with me tonight? We haven't finished what we started before."

"No." Sungjae ruffles his hair, "Why am I thinking like an idiot. Sooyoung...she wouldn't..."

I found myself avoiding it. I trust Sooyoung. And I trust the emotions that she has shown me. That is that! All there is to it!

But there's a side of me...that doubts it. Do I really think what I'm seeing is entirely true? Think about it. Why would she choose someone like me? Doesn't it seem...odd? What if she was just toying with me from the start?

Sungjae clenches the material of his shirt. His chest hurts.

No way. No way.

He starts heavily panting.

There's no way. It took me so much time and effort to open up myself to her. The only one I did that with but if....

I...am abandoned again...

I'll...

--

A female representative from the magazine company steps into the room. She introduces herself to Sooyoung. Turning on the tape recorder, she places it on the coffee table, "let's begin the interview now. Shall we?"

Sooyoung nods in agreement. The woman continues, "it's nothing difficult. So, don't think to hard about your answers. Our aim is to try to get our domestic models more recognition. Hence, just say what's on your mind."

Sooyoung nods in concurrence. 

Taking out her laptop and setting it on her lap, the woman starts: "Miss. Park Sooyoung, you were chosen to be the first in the nation to represent the prestigious UX brand, how do you feel about it?"