Coup De Foudre

After Marinette has introduced me to just about everyone, I was left with Juleka and her friend, Rose. We were chatting together, they were asking me about my life back home, getting to know one another.

Matthieu was talking to a girl named Adèle. Looks like someone's got a crush.

Finally, something I can tease him about.

I hurriedly took out my camera and snapped a photo of them both, thinking of giving the film to Matthieu when we get back to the house.

Once I snapped the photo, Rose looked at me confused, then I pointed at my brother and Adèle. While I was pointing to Juleka and Rose how my dear brother is acting like towards Adèle, we suddenly heard someone call her name from the entrance of the boat.

"Hold on, I'll go check who it is. I bet you're gonna love it." Juleka got up and walked towards the entrance of her boat.

"So, Juleka told me you and Luka got along really well yesterday." Rose, out of nowhere, said.

"I-I guess. I mean he's pretty cool, I guess?"

"You guess? Well, do you like him? Like like-like him?"

"Rose! I only met him yesterday!"

"Oh, come on. Like that's gonna stop anything. Every heard of coup de foudre ?"

"Désolée, Uhm... Coup de foudre ?"

"Well, it translates to lighting but we use it as like love at first sight, because of the feeling that we get, it's like getting struck by lighting." She explained.

"Rose!" I lightly slapped her arm.

She laughed, then quickly noticed Juleka coming back with Luka. Rose quickly took notice of Luka placing a finger over his lips, telling her to not say anything about him to Angèle.

"Well, it happens, you know? It could surprise you, you never know if this coup de foudre of yours is just right in front of you, or maybe right behind you." She gave me a wink.

All of a sudden, I felt a sudden force on my shoulders, making me jump and scream out of surprise.

"Holy shit, what the fuck was that for, you fucking scared me!" With hands covering my face, I screamed at the person who scared me, still not knowing who it was.

Then, I heard a laugh from both Juleka and Rose, and a laugh that sounded familiar.

"Mon dieu, I didn't know you would react like that!" Luka said in between laughs.

I blushed seeing Luka right in front of me.

"Wahh connard !!! Putain, Luka, you literally scared the shit out of me!"

"Ohh that was such a cute scream." Luka pinched my cheeks.

"Stop it!" I slapped his hand away from my face. In return, he slapped my hand.

Juleka and Rose watched Luka and I's interaction with amused looks.

"Okay, okay, stop it, you two! You babies, oh mon dieu." Rose

"Oh, Luka, since you're here, do you guys wanna play a song? I can gather up everyone in the band." Juleka said.

"Yeah, sure, I'm down, but if only Luka sings as well." Rose said.

"What? Dude, are you serious?" Luka looked at Rose.

"Come on, Luka, just one song." Juleka pleaded.

"Fine, fine, but I'll choose the song I'm gonna sing."

With that, Juleka and Rose ran off to look for the rest of their band and to prepare their instruments and the stage, leaving me alone with Luka.