Discussions Sur Le Trottoir

Pavement Talks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lavender, are you ready?"

"Yep, yep,  I can do this," I replied with my voice wavering a bit.

I took a few deep breaths and gripped the neck of my guitar tightly. 

"On second thoughts, never mind, I can't do this. I am so sorry, guys." I said and quickly left the bridge.

"Girls, stay in position and do whatever you can to distract Luka for a bit, I'll go check on her." Marinette let out a deep sigh as she went to look for Angèle.

Marinette ran towards the direction her friend went to.

"Ugh, where the hell could she be?" Marinette muttered to herself.

She turned to a corner and found a familiar figure sat on the pavement with a guitar by her side.

"Hey," Marinette said softly. "Are you okay?"

I turned my attention to the direction of the voice.

"Hey, Marinette," I began. "Look, I'm really sorry for wasting you guys' time. I'm really grateful for what you guys did, but... I don't know." I sighed heavily.

Marinette sat beside me and looked towards the scenery in front of us. 

"It's okay." She gave me a soft smile. "It was really fun, you know. It really brought me back to when the girls and I did this too, like back when I was crushing so hard on Adrien."

"Well, at least you and Adrien worked. I'm sorry, really. I thought I could do it, I mean, I was so sure that I could do it. But, I guess I just kind of got emotionally overwhelmed, well not really, just really, really nervous." I chuckled.

"Do you want me to tell the girls that the operation's cancelled?"

"Yeah," I let out a sigh and pulled my knees closer. "Can you tell them that I apologise too?"

"Sure," Marinette replied and pulled out her phone to text the girls.

One Marinette was done messaging the girls, she put away her phone and turned to me.

"You know, when I had a massive crush on Adrien, I was such a stuttering mess." Marinette let out a giggle. 

I let out a slight laugh but didn't say anything, so Marinette continued.

"Like a literal stuttering mess, I would often jumble up my words. I couldn't even say a simple hello or good morning to him."

"You both worked out in the end, so that's really nice." I turned to her and gave her a smile.

"Well, it took some time." Marinette let out a laugh. "Like a really long time, actually."

Marinette and I talked for a while until the sun began to set. She checked her phone for the time and began to stand up.

"Hey, I have to leave. They need my help at the bakery. Wanna walk back together?" Marinette asked as she dusted her pants.

"Nah, it's okay, I think I'll walk around for a while." 

"Will you be okay?" 

"Yeah, I'll be alright." She nodded at my reply then began to walk away from me.

"Hey, Marinette?" I called out. "Thanks again for what you guys did..."

"It's cool, like I said a while ago, it was really fun." She walked towards me and gave me hug. "I'll text the girls how you're doing just to keep them from worrying and all that."

"Yeah, thanks so much." I hugged her back.

Once Marinette was out of sight, I began to walk on the opposite direction.

To be honest, I didn't exactly know where I was going. I'm just hoping to clear my mind.

Was it a mistake that I do this?

I let out another heavy sigh and continued to walk, looking at my surroundings, taking in everything.

Finally I updated this story. Honestly I didn't even plan on having a schedule, and just update whenever I feel inspired or just feel like it. But I think my mind's made up a schedule by itself.

Literally, it's like I update then I'm happy about it, then a few days later I fall back into one of my moods.
(by moods I mean like I'm feeling down or just tired and can't do anything at all or just really distracted, something like that)

Then once I've gone out of my moods, I feel alright then I feel inspired to just write something and I have to let it all out.

Does anyone else experience this kind of thing?

Although my mind has made this somewhat schedule, I'll still be updating just whenever I feel like it, so really don't expect anything 😅.

Vote, Comment, Share and all that x