Chapter 43

"Hey," I say to Amanda and Tyler, sitting across from both of them in the booth at the diner.

"Hey babes, why did you want to see us?" Amanda asks curiously. Tyler doesn't say anything just looks down at his water like it is the most interesting thing ever.

"Well first, I want to apologize to both of you," I start, feeling guilty for making Tyler hide something from Amanda. I sigh before continuing, still unsure if I really want to do this, I know Tyler won't tell, "Amanda, I had Tyler keep something from you and that isn't fair so I am sorry to you for that, and Tyler I am sorry I even asked you to keep the secret to begin with."

"Sydney, it isn't a big deal, are you sure about this? Did you talk to. . ." He doesn't finish the sentence but I know he is asking if I talked to Matt. We talked about it on Friday and then again on Sunday on the drive home. He wanted to come today to talk too but he got held up at wrestling since it is a three day week and he has a match on Sunday.

"We talked and he said it is ok, so yeah I am sure." Tyler gives me a small nod as Amanda looks between us, "Do you want to start Ty and give the background?"

Tyler sits up clearing his throat and turning to Amanda, "So Friday when Matt came to visit during lunch, no one else noticed, but I saw him kiss Syd on the cheek. It was just a small simple cheek kiss, nothing crazy, but I promised to not say anything."

I pick up from there, "Tyler told me he saw us on our way to History so Friday night I told Matt and he said it was ok if you knew too. I haven't told Julia anything about this and for the time being I would really like it if we kept it that way."

Amanda reaches across the table grabbing my hand, "Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me, Syd. Where does that leave you and Matt now?"

"We are practice dating," I say but it really comes out like more of a question. Amanda and Tyler look confused so I explain, "We are pretty much dating without the title honestly. We both decided it was better if we waited until the season was over to date since he is busy literally all the time with school and wrestling. I would hate to be a distraction especially since Junior year is so important."

"Soooo are the rumors true about him?" Amanda asks quietly scooting in closer so no one around us can eavesdrop. I look at her confused as Tyler just shakes his head in disappointment. "You know S, the rumors that he never kisses girls during sex and is really rough."

I look at her making an O with my mouth. Ummm do I really want to expose my sex life in the middle of some Long Island diner to my two friends about a guy I am not even actually dating? Well I have no dignity or self respect anyways so why the hell not. "Well no, but also kinda yes to that last one? I don't know about other girls in the past but he definitely kissed me. As for rough, he wasn't at first, he was actually really gentle but I mean I know firsthand he can be if he wants to be."

"Alright fuck you two, can you at least wait until I go to the bathroom?" Tyler interrupts, faking a disgusted look. Amanda slaps his shoulder while I kick him under the table earning us each a middle finger in return.

"Well then leave, I need a few more details," Amanda tells him, pushing him out of the booth and off toward the bathroom. She moves to my side of the booth so we can talk softly and not tell the entire diner about how great Matt is in bed. "Alright well I know you've slept with him but when did that happen?"

"Halloween, we were dancing and next thing I know he is dragging me upstairs and we are, well you know." Amanda slaps me softly in excitement while I laugh and tell her more knowing her next question, "Also that morning I came in late, we also did it that morning but besides those two times we haven't had any alone time. But his birthday is Friday and I made sure we had time then."