Chapter 50

When the show ends, Matt and I stay seated while everyone else rushes out. He is still looking around in awe taking in the last 2 hours and 50 minutes. I have to say the show was amazing and I am so happy Matt mentioned it because I probably wouldn't have seen it if it wasn't for him. Once it is less crowded we both stand up and walk out of the theater back toward the hotel.

"That's our old building," Matt points to a tall building with a doorman outside. I look at the building and squeeze Matt's hand as he stares, a flash of sadness taking over before he quickly recovers.

As we keep walking the building now behind us I grab onto Matt's arm and snuggle my face into it, "Do you miss living in the city?"

"Not really. Sometimes when I am bored I miss the fact that there was always something to do here, but for the most part I much prefer where I live now. I mean living two blocks from Central Park was cool but nothing beats having a backyard." I shiver as Matt talks and he pulls me closer to his body, wrapping his arms around me. We both pick up the pace to get to the hotel quicker since the temperature has dropped a decent amount since we left for dinner nearly 5 hours ago.

When we get into the hotel I remember Matt's cake and decide to ask the front desk to send it up. "I need to do something real quick, meet me at the elevator babe?" Matt rolls his eyes knowing this something is another surprise but heads off to the elevator while I walk over to the desk.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes, I am in 22B and there was a cake delivered earlier, can I have it sent up to my room?"

The woman at the desk checks something in her computer quickly before nodding, "Would you like a candle lit on the cake as well, ma'am?"

"That would be perfect, thank you." I walk over to Matt who is waiting patiently and give him a quick kiss on the cheek while we wait for the elevator. There is a group of 5 business men also waiting with us for the elevator but I don't pay any attention to them. I used to hate PDA but with Matt I feel like I can never get enough. Even when I am kissing him I am thinking about when I will kiss him again.

"What were you doing at the desk?" Matt asks curiously knowing something is up.

"Nothing," I singsong, resting my head on Matt's chest, suddenly getting tired. I will make myself a coffee when we get to the room because I will not fall asleep before we can end this night properly.

The elevator doors open and everyone piles in. I stand as close to Matt as possible as a few of the business men very obviously check me out. Such pervs, I should freak them out and let them know I am under age. "It is weird that you were born the year before me. Like my 16th birthday was 7 months ago and you're turning 17." The old pervs all look away quickly, suddenly anxious to get off the elevator.

As soon as they step off on the 19th floor Matt and I burst into laughter. "I am glad you said something first because if I would have said something I was going to make a bunch of old men cry. How dare they look at my girl, they're lucky I am in a good mood."

Well," I say as the doors open to our floor, "let's take that mood from good to amazing." Matt hums as I pull him down the hall to our room. We both hang up our jackets and I kick off my heels walking across the room to the coffee maker.

Matt comes up behind me as I wait for my coffee and begins kissing down the side of my neck. "Tonight was perfect babe, I can only think of one thing that could make it better." I grab my coffee and take a sip trying to remain unfazed because the cake is coming. Thankfully I don't have to wait long for the knock on the door.

"Ok this isn't from me but sit down and close your eyes please." Matt sits like I tell him to and I run to the door. I open it and take the cart with the cake, two plates, a knife, and two forks and thank the guy. I roll the cart over to Matt and sit on his lap before instructing him to open his eyes, "Alright, open."