Cole for Four Days

Haha, well, this was HEAVILY inspired by some art I saw on Twitter. It was like this 'What They Do For Four Days When Their Partner is Gone' art meme? Anyways, I found it really cute, and Rina! on Twitter drew some adorable art. It was bruiseshipping X3. So obviously, wallah.

Enjoy!

***

Day 1

Cole had never felt so free. Well, not free, free.

He'd never call his boyfriend a nuisance. If anything, Jay was the walking embodiment of a nuisance. In a good way, that was. Jay could talk his ears off and, while it was a bother, he still didn't quite mind.

Several days ago, Master Wu had run out of his favorite tea. And with Mystaké no longer around, it was difficult for him to find any place that sold it. Fortunately, Master Wu knew where the tea leaves grew, but the journey was a long four day trip, to and back.

Fearing for Master Wu's old age, Lloyd insisted that he not go alone, and offered to get them instead while his uncle took a well deserved relaxation at the Monastery. As Lloyd was packing for the hike, he asked Jay to accompany him. He figured it would be good to have some company on the search, and since all the other ninja were busy, Jay was willing to help out a friend.

So now, Cole was all alone at the Monastery.

Er, not entirely alone. Nya, Kai, Zane, and Pixal still hovered around, each attending to their own activities that kept them busy.

Kai was preoccupied helping his sister fix the microwave after Jay unknowingly, "accidentally", stuck a bowl of mac and cheese inside with a fork. Thankfully nothing burned down, still the damage done was a handful.

Zane had a giant 3,000 piece puzzle he had been working on since last week. He wanted a challenge, and knowing how high his skills could get, he lowered the scale a bit, sitting down to put together the puzzle with the intelligence level of an average person. As for Pixal, time to time she would sit down with Zane and help him solve the puzzle.

"Sure is sunny out there," Cole murmured, staring out the large window. He glanced over his shoulder at Master Wu. "What are you up to, Master Wu?"

Said teacher was sitting at the table with a tablet in front of him, something Lloyd had given him to toy with. "Jay introduced me to these things called 'Cat Videos'. They've quite certainly caught my attention and distracted me from my tea problem."

Cole grinned, snickering softly. Of course Jay would do that. Who else would? He looked back to the window and at the clear, blue, skies. He fumbled with his fingers a bit before an idea came into mind. "I'm gonna take a walk downtown."

Master Wu simply hummed, his attention fixated on the screen.

In his quarters, Cole dug out his headphones and slipped into a comfortable, yet casual look, sporting a grey shirt and a pair of loose black shorts. The master of earth stumbled out into the open air, paving a path towards the Monastery doors.

With Jay gone, he could take a nice, leisurely walk downtown while he silently jammed out to his tunes, without any distractions.

Maybe, he could even stop by the bakery and grab a bite to eat.

Jay was always telling him to watch his weight. Heck, he even nagged about it to Cole to cut down on the sweets. Especially the cake.

Cole chuckled fondly at the thought of Jay scolding him for going out to buy a slice of cake.