Chapter 2

"What about this recipe?" Danny Pink clicked on another cooking website that evening at Clara's house.

"No good, that's a recipe for lemon souffles! Who wants a lemon souffle? Nah, chocolate is the best!" Clara shook her head and sighed. It had been a long day, and in total, she had made 7 souffles, and they have all failed.

"Clara, why don't you just get a baker to help you make a souffle? I'm exhausted! Let's look at this tomorrow, ok?" Danny closed the cooking website and yawned. Clara giggled immaturely, but then her cheerfulness disaapeared, "No, Danny, Christmas is tomorrow! Tomorrow! The Doctor's coming at 3pm! We don't have time!!!"

"Well, I told you not to gamble with an alien..." Danny grumbled, but seeing the distressed look on Clara's face he quickly changed the subject, "Hey, um, who else is coming to the party?"

"There's me, the Doctor, and you, if you want to come..." Clara's voice trailed off and she blushed.

"Course I want to come!" Danny exclaimed, "Just the three of us?"

"Yeah, that's pretty much it, it's going to be a very quiet Christmas this year."

Clara shut down her computer, and yawned as well. "I can hail a taxi if you want," she offered. Danny smiled tiredly and shook his head, "No thanks Clara. I can walk."

"Oh no, I insist!"

"No, no, no, Clara you don't have to!"

"Well, I want to! Satisfied?"

Danny laughed and surrendered. The two friends walked onto the street. Snow was gently falling, hardly anyone was out. Almost as though she didn't realize it, Clara held Danny's hand gently as she waved for a taxi. As soon as she realized what she was doing, Clara blushed and let go of Danny's hand, mumbling, "Sorry,"
"Don't be," Danny gently took ahold of Clara's hand. Clara blushed, but let him. Then she looked into his eyes.

Their lips met, and that, they both thought, was the best moment ever.