Chapter 4

"Good job, Clara!" Danny was the first one to speak, "Great souffle!"

Clara just gaped at the perfect souffle in shock. It was amazing, the souffle was steaming, it looked like it had just been made at a 5-star restuarant.

"Well, there goes my cup." the Doctor sighed, dissapointed, but his eyes were twinkling. Clara grinned, "You're proud of me, aren't you?" she asked teasingly.

"Yes, as much I hate to admit it, I am. Amazing souffle, Clara!" the Doctor patted her on the back, and then took out the precious cup, which was in a bag. Clara took it proudly. All that work was worth it, she had the cup. And she had bested the Doctor. 'Now that's a first,' she thought happily.

The Doctor now turned to Danny, "Now, Danny, do your thing."

Danny jerked up, surprised, and stared at the Doctor. He hadn't told anyone, not a soul, about his proposal to Clara. "How do you-"

"It's just a thing I have. Are you going to do it today or not?" the Doctor cut him off, winking at a confused Clara.

"Do what?" she asked, placing her hands on her hips.

Danny gulped, fiddled with his hands and decided to do it. 'Heck, why not?' he thought and approached Clara.

Clara watched as Danny came towards her, and then suddenlt her heart seemed to burst with emotion as Danny knelt down in front of her, and took out a small black box from his pocket. Opening it, Clara saw a beautiful diamond ring on a silver band. Plain, but beautiful nonetheless.

Danny cleared his throat, looked into Clara's shocked and amazed brown eyes and said, "Clara Oswald, from the day I saw you at Coal Hill School I knew, just knew, that you were meant for me. When I'm with you I have not one worry. You're honestly my best friend, my other half, my heart, and my soul. I couldn't imagine my life without you. I don't even like thinking about it. I can keep pouring my heart out and I know everybody wants me to just go ahead and ask already so here it is. Will you marry me?"

Clara gasped, and nearly chocked on her own breath. A tear of happiness rolled down her cheek. "Oh, Danny!" she said happily, "Yes! Yes! I will marry you!"

The Doctor wolf-whistled and clapped his hands together loudly as Danny smiled and slipped the diamond ring on her finger. Danny stood up, slightly trembling with happiness and shock, and the two betrothed kissed gently, as snow fell softly outside.