𝐢.𝐢. 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞

"WE SHOULD DEFINITELY TRY this look on you more often," Azura spoke as her fingers finished styling and fixing her hair in place, a section of her now straight ginger mane falling to rest, and continue to slide through her right shou...

"WE SHOULD DEFINITELY TRY this look on you more often," Azura spoke as her fingers finished styling and fixing her hair in place, a section of her now straight ginger mane falling to rest, and continue to slide through her right shoulder and allowing the remaining of it fall on her back. The strands which usually came to cover the sides of her face were now upsweeped in two delicate braids which Elowen wouldn't have managed to make herself, and met each other at the rear to become a single one held in place with a golden ornamental comb.

The stylist and now friend had opted for a red look this time, matching lips and eyeshadow to the same burgundy tone of her dress, simple but ornamented by red sparkling threads which drew patterns in the upper part of the clothing. From her neck fell a golden string with a four-leaf clover, a piece of jewellery which Callista had given her before her games, and which she shared with her, Azura, and once with her district male tribute, Oras.

Her mentor wore it in a bracelet, and Azura had cherished hers so much, that she had decided to tattoo it on her forearm, at the level of her wrist, when the girl had come up the victor of her games. As for Oras', Elowen had no clue of what had happened with it, or with his body after the cannon had announced his death.

"Yes, definitely one of my best works," the stylist stated as she took a few steps back, admiring her job while the ends of the girl's lips began to curve up.

"You say that every time, Azura".

"Well, that's because you always are my best work, dear," she told her with a playful smile on her rouge lips. "Everyone will have eyes for you, even with the new victors' appearance".

Victors. It was still foreign, and surprising to hear it. "I don't think so. Even I, for the first time, I'm actually curious to be here to see them. It seems surreal, doesn't it?" Elowen asked for her conviction as the woman placed a golden set of crystal teardrop earrings on her small, and partly covered ears.

"It's a change in the history of the Games for sure, there's no denying," Azura agreed. "But they'll surely face the consequences of their choices soon, knowing Snow. Seneca already has". A shudder ran through her back with the President's allusion, and by the rumours, she had heard around how the Gamemaker had met his fate as soon as he had put an end to the 74th Games. "But people all around Panem love them now, as well as the romance which saved them from death. The President will have it difficult if he is planning to get rid of them".

Elowen recalled all the news and reports which she had heard in the Capitol, and what she had observed during the games ─ ones she would have avoided if it wasn't by Callista, who had told her about the two teenagers of the Twelve and their relationship and desire to save one another. The lovebirds, The Lover Boy and The Girl on Fire, Her Peace and His Devotion. Many names they had been called within a week of the start of their Games, but Elowen had only held one thought in her head of it all. Their love for each other, had saved them.