𝐢.𝐯𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬' 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

THE FOLLOWING DAY CAME, AND Elowen loathed what featured on her agenda as much as the Opening Ceremony she had been forced to on her arrival to the Capitol

THE FOLLOWING DAY CAME, AND Elowen loathed what featured on her agenda as much as the Opening Ceremony she had been forced to on her arrival to the Capitol. Nonetheless and against her inclination, she marched with Wendell towards the training centre in the early morning, following the Games' schedule and keeping in mind Eldridge's words: make friends.

Now, those had been her mentor's words, of course. Because Elowen didn't necessarily want, nor was in the position to use her time to get to know the other tributes and establish relationships with them. But she knew what he had meant. And deep inside, there was nothing clever in her which could deny the man's reasoning: they needed allies.

Before they had abandoned the entire floor which had been assigned to them during their period in the Capitol before the games, and as the other tributes would have certainly done too, Elowen, Wendell, Callista, Eldridge and Azura had gone over all the tributes of every District. All of them sharing every piece of information they held about their opponents to be wary of them, or use it as an advantage. The ginger had only needed that to know which tributes she didn't want on her side during the bloodbath, but there was a problem. Her list of potential allies became short.

Very short.

Both Wendell and her had agreed on something: District one and two's tributes were discarded, as they both knew that as soon as they turned around from them could consider themselves dead ─ if they didn't kill them earlier. But from there, it had all been an argument after the other which had led them nowhere close to agree on something.

However, Eldridge had remembered them there was something as important as their personality and strategies, which they had to keep in mind: their combat skills. And in that field, if Elowen didn't show them otherwise at the training centre that day, was quite screwed. Because her bad eyesight wasn't precisely something that the world was oblivious of.

As on the Alenerant's first time, once all the tributes are gathered for their practice, an instructor ─ Atala, as she tells them, shows them around every section and explains them they will all go through every weapon and skill to get a general idea of which weapons and abilities they're best in. It would also give the Gamemakers an idea of which weapons and objects place in the arena's Cornucopia.

Atala led them through every workshop in the place, whether they were combat or survival skills related. And while at the beginning Elowen became proud at herself to see she hit everywhere were she aimed ─ despite not always scoring right on the spot: knives and daggers turned out to be like an old friend against the female's palm ─ one she would have preferred and hoped, before the announcing of the Quarter Quell, she would never have to use again.

Then again, most of the tributes were successfully good with them, which didn't give Elowen to stand out amongst them on her best skill. Although the female was aware she would, if she had the chance to get to the area in which you could train with motion targets. In which she could use her hearing, instead of having to helplessly force her sight to aim correctly.