Just an ordinary day

~Or is it?

~RUBY'S POV~

Buzzzz Buzzzz

It's a bright, Friday morning, and I wake up yawning and stretching, smiling. I began to flutter my eyes open squinting as they adjust to the light coming in from my windows. Picking up my phone turning my alarm off, I look at the time. It's 8am. "Oh shit, I've only got 30 minutes before I need to pick up a new shipment of books!" Grabbing a clean outfit, I sprint to my bathroom and jump in the shower, but in doing so Yang, my twin sister, busts into my room yelling, "Is everything ok Ruby? I heard yelling." Stopping in my tracks, I reassure my sister that everything is fine and she closes my door running downstairs to make breakfast. I finish my shower, wrap my hair in my towel, and put my outfit out which consisted of dark maroon booty shorts, a red lace bra, black and red flannel crop top, a tight brown leather jacket with red and purple checkered vans.

I leave my room and walk down the hall to the laundry room and throw my dirty clothes in and start a load for Yang to finish while I'm at my morning job. The thought of today being a Friday re-enters my mind, "It's probably going to be pretty busy tonight" I think to myself. I tell myself  "I should ask Yang if we need to go in early tonight." My thoughts are interrupted by the smell of maple, butter and cinnamon. "PANCAKES AND BACON!" I shout as I rush downstairs. Yang has a plate of food on the counter for me and I rush and grab it and sit at the island. "Today is going to be a great day" I think to myself. I look to my sister, "thanks" I say as she hands me a fork.

"There's going to be a party at the club this weekend, and Junior has asked us to come in early to set up" Yang states as she glances up at me as I shove a large bite of pancake into my mouth. "What's the occasion?" I ask after swallowing my big bite. "Some popular party girl moved here from atlas. A group came just before I closed last night and reserved the place." "Did they say who the party girl is?" I questioned. "No, it's an open party and they invited the whole town."

"And who are we to thank for this night?" I ask finishing my last piece of bacon. "A couple of guys named Jaune and Ren, and two chicks named Pyrrha and Nora." "Anything else we need to know?" I said while cleaning up breakfast. "Ya, a bull faunas with red and black spiked hair who goes by the name Adam isn't allowed invited and we've been instructed to silently take care of it if we even see him close to the club." I look at Yang curiously, "why? Is this man dangerous?" Yang looks at me with concern in her eyes, "Let's sit down on the couch and I'll explain what I know."

I sat down on the and I put on a mask of indifference. Since everyone pretty much knows everyone here and we're kinda a tight community and take care of one another it's easy to tell when a newcomer comes into town. Yang grabs a nice cold glass of water for me before sitting down next to me.

~Yang's POV~

"This may be hard for you so I brought some water." Ruby looked at me confused. Then asked, "why is he so important." Ruby, this man is very dangerous and has done terrible things to one or more people. She looks at me scared, "like what kind of things?" This man Adam is on Remnent's most wanted list. I furrow my brow thinking of the conversation I had with Junior about him. 

~RUBY'S POV~

"Yang looks a little angry" I thought to myself. "Yang will you please just tell me what the hell this guy did?" I say raising my voice a little. She sighs and look at me. "He is on the most wanted list for multiple counts of rape and murder." I froze and stared at her with absolute terror. "WHAT?! Why would anybody do that to someone! She shouted." 

I downed my water and stood up. "I have to go work now. I started a load of laundry. Is there anything else I need to know before I leave?" "Ya, I'll have my badge and gun on me. Also, my squad will be patrolling the grounds." "Ok, I'm gonna be late if I don't go now. I said nodding down at my sister. She nodded and I walked out the door.