Picture This- William, Damien, Celine

I completely forgot to publish this one haha. Not one of my best works because I was crying while writing this. Apparently the box is sentient?? Another WKM angst train with the bois (sorry). I promise, I'm writing four things simultaneously and doing requests! Art by theroyallypurple on Tumblr- I need the fluff for my mental health.

So here's the deal, there are a ton of ways to interpret this:

- Damien loves Will and Celine & Will loves Damien and Celine. Basically OT3 (is Damien/Celine technically incest?)

- Damien loves Will and Celine but as a sibling & Will loves Damien and Celine.

Please comment on which one (or a better one) you think makes more sense. Thanks!

Warnings: crying, fire, burning things, pining, misunderstandings

It was Mark and Celine's wedding, and William was best man and unofficial photographer. Outwardly, Will was all smiles and joy at seeing his oldest friends happy. He made a humorous speech and ran around taking lots of pictures of the couple with his old film camera.

Damien knew better.

He could see the Will staring at Celine while he gave his speech. He could see Will's tried and practiced smiles, which were never as crooked nor as full of energy as his genuine ones. Damien could see how Will looks at his twin with adoration and longing and pain.

It's the same way he looks at William.

Damien tried not to think about that and focused instead on his darling sister and her beautiful wedding. He smiled as best he could when he saw Will's camera directed towards him.

After the wedding, Damien snuck into the darkroom where William was developing the photos. There was line of wet images clothespinned to two strings hanging from the ceiling to dry.

Damien's theory was confirmed.

On one string was a dozen perfect photos of Celine and Mark and their marriage ceremony, the two of them happy and in love. On the other string was a collection of candid Celines: her head tilted back in laughter at something Mark whispered in her ear, her back as she spun in a semi-circle with the photo blurring around her legs, the mischievous half smile-half smirk she gave Will as she prepares to dab frosting onto Mark's face.

Damien didn't need Celine's arcane abilities to feel the amount of love poured into these images. He knew that Celine and Mark would never see them and that he'd have to keep Will's secret forever, along with the other painful burden in his heart.

As much as he wanted to, he can't bring himself to feel angry at Will or Celine. Will couldn't help it after all, and Celine was everything Damien was not. He loved them both. Damien left with both hands wringing his cane and tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

-------------------------

Will carefully unclipped the developed photos from the string. He put the wedding images in an envelope for Mark and gathers the Celines to his room.

William knelt beside his bed, pulling out a small box from underneath it. He opens it. Already inside was a fresh stack of Damien photos from the wedding that he had already developed. Images of Damien's warm eyes and soft smile at the camera, him standing as he gave a moving speech for his twin with a glass raised in the air, his somber expression as he gazed at the couple from afar.

Mark had stolen both their hearts, Will concluded. Why else would Damien be staring so jealously at his sister? As much as William wants to, he can't bring himself to not feel angry at Mark. Damn that charismatic bastard.