17.

Y/N

A month had passed. A whole month since you first arrived to this old creepy-looking house. A month since you last saw your parents. A month since you last stood somewhere outside the house. But most importantly, it had been a whole month since you met Ariana.

Due to Easter coming around, Mrs. Blakey managed to convince Mrs. Brown in allowing you all to have a bonfire the Saturday of that week. It was the least she could do, since you were not supposed to have any of the Holy Week benefits, like spring break.

You could not complain about life, but only because you had the privilege of waking up everyday to an angelic face, with a big smile, and a sneaky kiss followed by a 'good morning baby'. You had developed a newfound passion for her. Watching her, smelling her, hearing her, feeling her. She was an undiscovered art, an unrecognized world wonder. You could not understand how people could be around her so much indifference, as if she were just another human in the world. Were they... blind?

Your doubt regarding Ariana's feelings and her intentions have reduced, to a point you could proudly say you were in a relationship. A serious relationship. A committed relationship. You, sometimes, woke up in the morning thinking it was all a painfully good dream, but then you would turn your head and look to the bed aside, a brunette lazily laying on it, already watching you.

Life could not get better than this, and it terrified you. The fact that things could crumble down so much quicker than they could build up made you anxious. You could not help but wonder at times what was going to be the first bump in the road you were going to encounter with Ariana. Bump, or boulder.

Your thoughts were interrupted by someone jumping in your back. This aggressive and sudden action becoming a little too familiar for you. If it were not for the fact she weighed less than a hundred pounds, you would have smashed your face right against the floor. Ariana had the annoying habit of scarring you. She liked to make fun of how you would always drift away. You were a little too much of an over-thinker.

"Hewwo Bunny." Ariana whispered in your ear in her baby voice that had managed to get higher everyday.

"Bunny? Why bunny?" You asked as you, even though were not the biggest fan of having bodies on your back, still managed to place your hands underneath her thighs so she would not fall.

"It's Easter," Ariana spoke from behind. "I was told to let you know you were in charge of branch collecting. For the bonfire." Ariana wiggled out of your grip so she could stand on her own feet. You turned around to face her.

"And you?" You asked, fixing the baby hairs that would sometimes fall on her face. That face, you could melt.

"I threatened Lorde into assigning me with you," She shrugged, as if she were narrating day-to-day events. They kind of were. "Told her I'd spread the rumor of her being in love with Taylor... oops, did it anyways."

"I can't help but think how evil you'd be to me if your friends hadn't told you the truth..." You, with widened eyes at her cruelty with others, spoke.

"I would have still been into you, baby..." She giggled mischievously. "Let's go into the forest! We have to pick branches and make out." You let her lead the way through the trees, watching your step so you would not fall or slip between all the mud and slippery rocks.

The two of you, indeed, picked up branches that had fallen from the trees. You more than Ariana, who was constantly goofing around and pouting whenever you told her to do something productive. "These aren't big enough..." You muttered as you watched the pile of tiny branches. "You should climb up a tree and bring one down."