The Closet: I

A five year old Taehyung whimpered as he hid in his older brother's bedroom closet. He didn't like the dark, but he also couldn't bear to lose yet another game of Hide-and-Seek to Jeongguk -his brother- and his friend Namjoon from down the street. To make the whole situation a bit better, he closed his eyes, hugged his knees to his small chest and waited.

          A few minutes went by and the nearest sound to be heard was the ticking of the clock on Jeongguk's nightstand.

          Tick, tock.

          Tick, tock.

          Taehyung let out a careful breath.

          Tick, tock.

          Tick, tock.

          Suddenly, the closet door handle began to turn and it opened.

          Taehyung was about to let out a whine of frustration, thinking it was Jeongguk who had found him, until he realized it was only Namjoon. The small boy looked up at the twelve year old with a questioning look.

          "Sorry," Namjoon whispered. "My tactic is to change hiding spots every once in a while." He stepped into the closet and shut the door behind himself, moving to sit in the corner. "Jeongguk's still looking out in the living room. How long have you been in here?"

          "Since the game started."

          Taehyung rested his chin on his right knee and whimpered again at the blackness that seemed to swallow him up into nothing.

          Namjoon hummed beside him. "Are you scared?"

          "No," Taehyung lied, not wanting to admit that he was and come across as a baby.

          "Do you want me to hold you?"

          "Yes."

          Taehyung then climbed into Namjoon's lap so fast, you'd think he was on steroids. 

          Namjoon just gladly accepted him and wrapped his arms around the poor boy from behind. "Don't worry. Monsters can't get you when you're with me." he promised.

          Just then, the door was flung open and the victorious smirk on Jeongguk's face was one of a kind. "Got you both! For some reason whenever you're together, you two can't keep your mouths shut! You really need to come up with some better winning strategies."

          "Well..." Namjoon stood himself and Taehyung up before taking the five year old by the hand and leading him towards the kitchen. "Snack time, right Tae Tae?"

          Taehyung didn't have to respond. Namjoon always knew what to do.