Chapter 2

So here I was, alone with the Queen. With Luxa.  What should I do? What should I say? Should I apologize for being gone for so long?  Does she even care? Should I continue to explain why I didn't come back?? Wait.. am I even allowed to speak first??

As I looked down to meet her glance , I noticed she was waiting and her body language was relaxed. It seems that my presence has no effect on her. I am the only one overthinking this? Its obvious that I was so  taking in a deep breath I spoke first.

"Hi." I heard these words come out of my mouth and I was petrified. I haven't seen her in so long and all my mouth and brain could figure out to say is 'Hi'. God I'm such a loser. 

She raised an eyebrow. "Hello."

"Its uhhh been a while."

Crossing her arms she looked at me a bit confused and possibly annoyed. I got the hint that she wasn't here to make small talk.
"Yes 11 years is quite some time. Why are you here Gregor?"

The way she said those words kind of hurt me... They were sour and cold. She wasn't happy. Did she not want me here? What will i do if she doesn't allow me to stay? I don't want to go back to Virginia.

Running my hand through my hair and looking down at my feet I tried thinking of what to say. Should I apologize for not returning sooner? Or should I skip straight to the point and tell her why I'm here? Uhhh I don't know what to do.

"Gregor." She said trying to get my attention.

Bringing my head up once again, I looked into her eyes. "Yes?"

"I want to know why you are here. Is there something you need from us? Is your father sick once more?"

Though there is quite a difference between our height , she being around 5'5 and I 6'4, I felt small.  For some reason I just couldn't bear the thought of her needing me gone.  But its a reality I must face. I knew that this would be a possibility. 

" Well before anything let me just say this first ...I'm....I'm sorry Luxa."

For a second I thought I saw her glance soften as she heard me apologize. But she was quick to recuperate. "Sorry? What for?" She said turning around and walking away from me.

"You know why. I'm sorry I didn't come back sooner. I know 11 years is to long. But... no don't worry. My father is fine. I'm only here to ask you something."

She stood with her back facing me. Was she uninterested or was she trying to hide her true feelings?

"When you left, I told myself that it was the last I would see you. So do not worry Overlander. Your absence had little to no affect on me. There is no need to apologize when you have done nothing wrong. On the other hand I am glad to hear that your father is well."

She said this but there was something about it that I didn't believe. From what I could remember, Luxa played herself to be someone tough, someone incapable of feeling. But I soon found out that to be false and that is why at this very moment, I just couldn't believe her. Maybe it's a defense mechanism on my part. Maybe it was me who would like this Luxa to be lying.

"Can you look at me and say that to my face?"

She turned around and smirked. "Are you implying that I am lying?"