20: Island Getaway

"I took away your first kiss, didn't I?"

- - - - -

Taehyung quickly hid his hands behind his back when Jimin made eye contact with him.

"O-oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to eavesdrop..." Taehyung said, shuffling his feet.

Jimin shook his head. "Don't apologize, it's completely fine."

Taehyung's eyes shifted to you, sleeping in Jimin's arms with your head leaning against his chest.

He squeezed the bandages in his hands, then sets them down on a counter near him and looked back up at Jimin with a smile.

"She checked out pretty quick, huh?" he said jokingly.

Jimin smiled, looking down to you. "Yeah, she did a lot today. And tonight. I'm not surprised."

Jimin looked back up at Taehyung, eyebrows raised.

"Ah! I totally forgot! You wanted to talk to her, didn't you? I'm sorry for taking up so much of her time!" Jimin said.

Tae shook his head. "Don't worry about it, seriously!"

"You sure?"

"Yeah... I don't even remember what I wanted to see her for anyway. Must've not been that important!" he smiles.

"Ah, okay, I'm glad to hear it then. Are the pillows and blankets set up in the main room so I can set her down?"

"Yep! All ready to go. I'm pretty sure Jungkook passed out too."

Jimin walks out into the main room with Taehyung, and chuckles when he sees Jungkook asleep, game controller still in hand.

"Can't say I blame these two," Jimin says, setting you down on the soft blankets, "We've all had a particularly long day today. I'm ready to go to bed myself."

Tae nodded, getting himself comfortable under a mountain of blankets and pillows.

"You can say that again." he responds to Jimin mid-yawn.

"Goodnight, Taehyung. I'm very glad to see you're okay. Sleep well." Jimin said, before turning over to go to sleep.

"Night, Jimin."

Taehyung looks over, seeing you next to him.

The moonlight that came through the window lit up your face, and he couldn't help but stare.

He moves his hand, slowly brushing a strand of hair behind your ear. He hesitates before bringing his hand back, hovering over your cheek.

But he decides against it.

He turns away from you, pulling the blankets over himself.

And before he fell asleep, he brushed his fingers over his lips.