30: Hoseok, Part 1

"Am I your soulmate, Jung Hoseok?"

- - - - -

"Do you believe in first loves?"

Hoseok asked the question aloud, and Jennie turned to look at him.

They were having a picnic on a grassy hill, far away from civilization. It was a beautiful afternoon, laying on their backs as the clouds above made different shapes.

"What do you mean?" she said back.

"Well... do you believe that someone can really stay with the first person they fall in love with forever?"

Jennie turned back to the sky, thinking of her answer.

"I... guess it depends. If someone was lucky enough to meet their soulmate that soon, I do suppose it's possible." she said.

"I see. So... yes, then?"

"Yes, even though I'd say it's rare."

He was silent for a moment before speaking again.

"Do you believe in someone having more than one soulmate?"

Jennie furrowed her brows, turning to look at him again. He looked to her too, and they locked eyes.

"More than one soulmate... wouldn't that defeat the purpose?" she responded.

"I suppose, but then how do you know someone's a soulmate? What if you just think they are? Maybe you love them so much, that love can become just as strong as a soulmate bond. Maybe even stronger."

He sat up, and looked down at Jennie with a smile.

 "And then whoever they are, even if they weren't your true soulmate, they end up becoming it." he said.

She stared at him, his eyes sparkling, before smiling back at him.

"What made you start asking all these questions in the first place?" Jennie asked. "Quite the philosophical mind, aren't you?"

He chuckled. "I wouldn't say that."

"So then," Jennie declared, propping herself up on her elbows, "Am I your soulmate, Jung Hoseok?"

His smile softened, and he took her hand in his own.

"Even if you're not... I love you enough now that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference."

- - - - -

You woke up the next morning to the sunlight pouring in through the lightly curtained windows.

You looked over to Lisa's bed, and noticed she was also stirring, in the process of waking up. You sat up, stretching your arms into the air.

Soon after getting ready, you make yourself into the living room, where a few people are occupying. You lock eyes with Jennie, and she motions you over, along with Lisa, who soon comes up behind you.