My Better Half- Together We Are Stronger

- Rituparna Priyadarshani 

          Preface

Aman Junaid Khan and Roshni Ahmad are individuals who are poles apart but their lives are connected in the most extraordinary way; through fate and magic.

Aman is a nawab , possessed by a Jinn, while Roshni is a tawaif (Courtesan)'s daughter with the heart of an angel(Ayaana). Aman has to get married to the Ayaana as only she can save him from the possession of the Kaala Jinn but he is not aware that Roshni is Ayaana. Unknown to this fact both Aman and Roshni indulge into a series of funny fights. Meanwhile the family has fixed Aman's marriage( Nikkah) with Adaa who they believe to be Ayaana. The Rakh Jinn, a helper of Kaala Jinn interferes in Aman and Adaa's Nikkah by taking Adaa's form and sitting in the Nikkah which leads Aman to still be unmarried. Parveen gets cursed by the Rakh Jinn who gets betrayed by Aman and his family. in turns of events Aman realises that Adaa is not an Ayaana. A video taken by Mr Chotu reveals Roshni as Ayaana which leaves Aman shocked and Baazigaar overjoyed. Meanwhile Roshni gets engaged to Sameer Mirza, a man who is already married and has a son with his first wife, Huma Mirza. This fact is known by Salma but she keeps this hidden from Roshni in exchange of a 5.1 Million (51 Lakhs) cheque. This causes Aman to feel disgusted about Roshni.

Parveen is ill due to the Jinn's magic and can be protected only if Aman marries an Ayaana; a woman with the heart of an angel. Salma pretends to be sick, forcing Roshni to marry Aman for money. Aman misunderstands Roshni to be a gold digger. He starts detesting her and gives her a cheque in exchange of marrying him. Aman and Roshni get married. After Aman got married to Roshni, Adaa was left heartbroken and taking advantage of this the Rakh Jinn took control over Adaa's conscience. Parveen is not ready to accept Roshni as her daughter in law and keeps insulting her by calling her a courtesan's daughter. She also instigates Aman against Roshni and also starts a fight in between them causing the rifts in their relation to widen. Parveen had triggered Aman's negative emotions towards Roshni which results in Aman getting angry on Roshni and sending her alone to give the return gifts to the guests from their reception party which ended abruptly due to Aman beating up a boy named Bunty who insulted both Parveen and Roshni. Roshni who went to give the gifts alone get into trouble when Bunty chases her. Aman who is forced by his Dadi and sisters to call up Roshni when she is found missing for more than 5 hours gets restless when Roshni does not pick up the phone. He realises that she might have got into trouble due to Bunty. He instantly rushes to find Roshni and reaches near them only to notice Roshni being pushed off the cliff by Bunty. Aman beats up Bunty and jumps off the cliff only to rescue Roshni.

Aman finds Roshni unconscious inside the jungle under the cliff. In turns of event, Aman realises that they are stuck in the Kaala Jungle (Dark Forest) which is the abode of the Jinns. In this forest the Jinn's powers are the most but Baazigaar can't enter the forest as Rakh Jinn who got the news of Aman and Roshni being stuck in the Kaala Jungle has made a shield around the Jungle prohibiting the entrance of anyone into the Jungle. Aman realises the seriousness of the situation and calls up Tabizi to find a way out of the Kaala Jungle but due to the phone switching off Tabizi is unable to inform Aman about Chaal Kuan (Illusionary Well) which can be used as a trick by the Rakh Jinn to kill Roshni as she is an obstacle in her way to handover Aman to the Kaala Jinn. The story takes place after this. The story actually deals with how Aman will develop love and trust towards Roshni as she is also feeling a connection towards Aman.