nine

Flo sat on the ledge of a windowsill at one of the many giant windows in the Ravenclaw Common Room

Flo sat on the ledge of a windowsill at one of the many giant windows in the Ravenclaw Common Room. The girl had her head buried in her one of her numerous textbooks for her classes, taking small notes here and there. The fire in the large fireplace crackled and the distinct chatter of students sounded around the room, Flo however completely oblivious to it all for she was just trying to enjoy her alone time.
She had a large jumper hanging loosely around her torso and some black track bottoms, not at all being bothered to stay in her robe or uniform once she had returned back to the common room after her classes, she was all for being warm and comfortable.

But in saying that her mind hadn't been comfortable in days. The guilt from her fight with Fred still heavily played through her mind, no matter how hard she tried to study it out of her head. She just couldn't concentrate with it still looming around and that clearly created an awkward atmosphere at breakfast and lunches in the great hall. For the first few days no one really knew how to address the situation. And within the past two days Flo had given up and reluctantly sat all alone at the Ravenclaw table as it was just so unbearable, no matter how hard Hermione and Ron tried to break the silence.

With a frustrated groan, Flo snapped her textbook shut. She was just reading one sentence over and over again, nothing managing to sink in. The ginger girl rubbed her eyes slightly in annoyance and looked out the window she was sitting at, her eyes seeing the Quidditch field quite clearly even though it was a gloomy afternoon.

The views from the Ravenclaw tower were some of- if not the best views that Hogwarts had to offer. The windows surrounding the tower allowed students to see The Lake, the Herbology gardens, the Quidditch Field and the Forbidden Forest which just so happened to be Flo's favourite. She always dreamed of going there and exploring around but never made it because she was far too scared, possibly this year would be the year to go.

The quick movement of people on broomsticks caught Flo's attention as she saw scarlet robes flowing behind the fast moving bodies. Her eyes softened as she took in the fact that this was definitely Gryffindor training, knowing fully well that Fred was there. Flo ever so desperately wanted to apologise to the boy but her pride begged her not to, the girl unfortunately giving in to that devil on her shoulder.

Staring out the window at the team, Flo felt a presence hovering over her shoulder and when she turned to look she met the eyes of a rather happy Cho Chang. She furrowed her eyebrows in a questioning way to the fellow Ravenclaw beside her only for Cho to move the textbooks over and take a seat on the windowsill as well.

"Sorry this is probably extremely weird" Cho laughed slightly, tugging anxiously at the end of her robes as she smiled at a confused Flo.
"But I just wanted to thank you!"

Flo hesitantly smiled in confusion. Sure Cho and her were dorm mates and ran into each other all the time having a quick chat as they passed in the halls. But Cho has never sat down with the lonesome girl nor had she ever come up blatantly to Flo, filled with gratitude. Cho sensed Flo's hesitations and confusion, and began to elaborate on what she was talking about.

"Look I've been talking to Cedric recently- Purely friends!" Cho said her arms out wide in a surrender position, making sure that Flo didn't take what she was saying the wrong way.
"And he said that you convinced him to talk to me, because he was rather scared to talk to someone new from a different house"

A small grin grew on Flo's face after she fully understood what was going in. But this was not only from what she was hearing, but also because it meant Cedric had slightly chickened out from blatantly asking Cho out and decided to become friends first. Which was something that Flo couldn't really fault in his defence. But she was happy for them because she knew that this would eventually become something, she could feel it.

"And I just wanted to thank you" Cho smiled as she crossed her legs on the windowsill, her eyes gleaming with happiness.

Flo let her grin grow on her face. "It's honestly nothing Cho. People become friends all the time it's not like you have to thank me" She could sense that there was something extra to Cho's gratitude, a reason why she was so adamant to thank the girl.

"Look if I tell you, you can't tell anyone" Cho said in response, looking around anxiously as she scooted closer to Flo to make sure no one was listening to their conversation.
"I- I really like him. So I do have to thank you because now we're friends and hopefully more when time passes".

As Cho looked slightly nervous toward the girl in front of her, Flo giggled at the confession. Although Flo was 16 and Cho 15, it felt like the were 12 years old again gossiping about what boy they found cute from their year groups; something that they unfortunately did even though they weren't really friends. A pink tinge spread across Cho's cheeks as she giggled as well to the girl, both of them knowing that although they don't know each other well, there was an invisible sort of trust between them.

"Well I'm glad that I helped" Flo smiled brightly, her heart growing in warmth. Because the isolation she had put herself in for the past few days, talking with someone and laughing with them brought her all kinds of happiness. Movement catching her eye, the girl looked out the rain smudged window to see the Gryffindor quidditch players flying around in all different directions, seeming to not be training anymore but instead having fun.

Sensing Flo's distraction, Cho looked out the window they sat at and saw exactly what the green eyed girl was looking at. Her eyes softened when she saw the Gryffindor Quidditch team training, looking over to see Flo's face showing nothing but guilt and fear.

"You know, if you apologise I'm sure he will forgive you" Cho said softly to the girl, Flo's head snapping to look at her dorm mate like a deer in headlights.
"I've been concerned, Florence. Sure the fight was bad but I can see how guilty you're feeling, you guys just need to make up!"

Flo furrowed her eyebrows at Cho. She wasn't sure what she could possibly say to Fred for him to forgive her, sure they weren't friends but she wasn't exactly nice to the boy ever in her life so why would she ever expect him to forgive her for this. One part of her mind however felt hopeful. Maybe he could see it within himself to forgive her, and maybe this could be a clean slate for the girl. And maybe she would finally allow herself to become friends with the boy, George too.

Flo smiled at her fellow Ravenclaw and let out a soft sigh in response. "I truely feel so guilty for what I said, I was being a right cow. I think I've just had a grudge on the twins and especially Fred for so long that it's become a habit".

"I think it's more of a defence. I think you're too scared to let them in and see you for you" Cho fired straight back, not daring to hold back at all. She knew that this was what Flo needed to hear in order for her to get over it and apologise, Flo only looking at her hands and fiddling them at what Cho had said.
"We're both stubborn Ravenclaws but if you don't do it now you never will, it's okay to be wrong".
Sighing as a form of acceptance, Flo nodded as Cho began to speak again. "Look, I'll take all your books up to your room and put them on your desk. It has to happen Flo, go now it's not curfew just yet".

Flo looked out the window to see the team packing away the chest where the balls and snitch were held, slowly starting to depart one by one. She saw two people shoving each other and hitting the other with their brooms, Flo immediately knowing it was the cheeky twins. A newfound confidence washed over her as she smiled gratefully at Cho, she knew that the girl was right and that if she didn't do it now she never would.

________
a/n
Hope you enjoy the new chapter.
Sorry it took so long I've been so unmotivated eeeeee
But yeah, please vote and comment!
brie x